what rpm do you shift a harley

Push down on the toe-shifter to shift into the next lower gear. Calculate the best RPM for shifting using gear ratios and torque curve.

! This means that at 2500 rpm your engine has to work twice as hard to do the same work as it will at 4000 rpm.

I will usually shift at 2500RPM to 6000RPM depending in the situation.

For my HD I cruise around town at 2-2.5. Not sure about shiftin, but I normaly cruise between 2500-3000. Now you can either lift up on the toe-shifter, or press down on the heel shifter to shift into second gear. Some sport bikes can crank over 13K and don't do well under 8K RPM. We have a bunch of winding roads in Lake Co., Florida and I'm looking forward to learning more about the bike (I bought it in November,).

If I'm in a real hurry, I'll shift at 6000RPM and this will give me a shift recovery point of 4000RPM, right at my torque hump for a huge pull in the next gear.

You should be able to get away with some lugging if the load isn't that great. In other words, the first gear is located below neutral and all higher gears are found above neutral on the shift lever.

Pull the clutch in fully, and push down on the toe-shifter until it bottoms out and you hear the transmission go into first gear. Harley-Davidson shifting patterns always follow this model, whether they use a traditional shifting mechanism, which consists of a single lever used to upshift and downshift, or a heel-toe foot shifter, which allows the rider to upshift with their toe and downshift with their heel.

The next highest gear ratio divided by the current gear ratio provides you with an optimal time to shift. I normally cruise around in the 2500-3k range. 2011 FLTRX Black Demin 103, 21" CM Raider, -2 progressive monotubes, DIY air ride, WO 14" black apes, Power Vision, RSD Venturi, Dragula 2into1, Mean Mug bezel, Corbin solo, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada.

Shift at 8.5k. 2010 FLTRX. As you drive a manual transmission, you naturally develop a RPM ear that helps you know when to shift. I don't even hit 5th in the city. I'm thinking now that I have been gear changing on sound more than anything, like I do with the car.

At 3000 rpm, it's already producing about 50% more power than at 2500, and at 4000 rpm, the engine is producing almost twice the power it produces at 2500 rpm. I was shifting at 3000 while I broke her in, but this last I tried to wait until 4000 before shifting and my gas mileage seemed to increase pretty significantly.

I know these engines like to rev but I am uncertain as to what range is the best.

Come join the discussion about modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, performance, classifieds, and more! A Harley vrod don't even get into its power band until after 7K. Yes, I took her out this cloudy afternoon, nice..., held her in 3rd around town, up a large hill half throttle, woke right up.

In other words, the first gear is located below neutral and all higher gears are found above neutral on the shift lever.

Check the racing sub-forums but I think you will find that most of the drag racers shift around 8000 RPM as the bike starts to loose a little after that. ... 5500-6000rpm power speed shift feathering the clutch all day long.

but getting used to the bike i may have a couple of times, hope i didnt do any damamge. But yeah if I get on it there's nothing wrong with taking it up to 9k.

'07 VRSCDX Night Rod Special/V&H 2-1 Comp/CobraFi2000, Hold 4.5k in second and nail it, triple digits will pop up on the speedo pretty quick. "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -Jerry Reed.

3.0-3.5 normally. Will 5G Impact Our Cell Phone Plans (or Our Health?!

Just amp up your RPMs . It's better to over rev than lug (at least that is what I have heard).

Its probably a bad thing but I shift with the sound instead of the tach. 5500-6000rpm power speed shift feathering the clutch all day long. level 2. You have to consider the engine load (uphill, down hill, head wind), effective torque range, and the intent of your current riding condition (cruising or hot rodding). I've done more than a few 2300 mile 3 day runs on my 883 and when I am west of the Mississippi its 80+ all the way until the WA border where they love giving speeding tickets.

Shifting itself is not solely a function of RPM. Festival of Sacrifice: The Past and Present of the Islamic Holiday of Eid al-Adha. Start your bike with the transmission in neutral, as indicated by the neutral light on your instrument display. You have to consider the engine load (uphill, down hill, head wind), effective torque range, and the intent of your current riding condition (cruising or hot rodding).

Step 3 Watch out for a red warning light or for numbers highlighted with red strips. To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about It Still Works, contact us. As I hit reply I realized that I really dont know what RPM I shift at. At 2500 rpm, the engine is producing about 35 horsepower. I usually pull hard in second and third, cruise around 2800 rpm.

Just try to hold the REVs as constant as I can without a lot of twisting when I put miles on it. Usually around 2400~ on the next gear.

Around town I shift ~4k.

Allowing the RPM to go up to 3,000 RPM or higher increases speed but makes the engine work harder, which reduces fuel economy. Past 4k it I'm winding it out. My last bike was a 2017 FLTRXS, Before that, 2014 Triumph Trophy SE. Thanks for the feed back, yes my dyna pulls all the way into and through 6th, that's why I was a little, OK where's this HP, I found I have to twist that throttle a little more and and shift at a higher Rpm, "O" there it is!! The rider cannot shift from first gear to third gear, for example, without first shifting into second gear. Of course in 6th the rpm is whatever it is at the speed I'm going.

but weekends, and open roads, red line! Well you can do about 90 in second and it goes up from there. My Harley is a stump puller with gobs of torque right off idle... but it red-lines at 5k.

Most tachometers have numbers from 1 to 7 or 1 to 9 that correspond to the RPM.

Repeat this process through the remaining gears, shifting at 35, 45 and 55 mph. This very really helpful. lol naw in traffic i like to shift around 3500 4000 good gas mileage and dont stress her out to much in the morning commute. The above shift points serves as a guideline, but in actual use they will vary a bit and that is acceptable. Of course, this will vary with your particular cam, cubes, compression, bike weight etc. Roll off the throttle while pulling in the clutch fully.

Downshift from sixth to fifth at 50 mph, and the successive gears at 40, 30, 20 and 10 mph. I don't start accelerating until 3000-3500. Roll on the throttle while releasing the clutch and accelerate up to 25 mph. "We recommend that riders keep the rpm around 2,800-3,000 at highway speed. Pull the clutch fully in again while rolling off the throttle.

Too low you think? ... Been saving up for a year now to buy myself a Harley. I keep the rpms around 2000-2500 in 2nd-5th gears. red line it its under warranty! Shifting itself is not solely a function of RPM.

I know the redline is 6000rpm.

Usually shift between 3,000 and 3,500 rpm. Multiply the number by 1000 to get the RPM of the engine. Shifting at a higher RPM provides increases the acceleration of the car, but if the RPM gets too high it can damage the engine or blow up the car.

Depends on the situation, I shift mostly by ear also, if I had to give a number under normal circumstances, I'd say between 3 to 3.5k rpm. 2011 RGC used with lots of accessorys! Then again, for the street there is nothing wrong with bumping the rev limiter, I have done it and the bike flies down the road. I wish that gearingcommander site was still updated!

If I'm riding around I keep the bike around 4k. Do not shift gears with the engine off or damage can occur to the shifter mechanism.

If your RPM reaches a warning number or a warning light comes on, you need to up shift immediately. The 2014 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy comes equipped with a six-speed transmission. You can feel this detent when you shift between first and second, giving these shifts a sort of notchy feel.

I would shift around close to 4000 rpm. This article was written by the It Still Works team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information.

Ease the clutch out and adjust the throttle as needed to avoid slowing the rear tire enough to break traction.

I think I know why you are are interested in this question! i am on my 4 clutch in 35,000 mi. 4.0-4.5 passing, power situations. Still look for gas at 120 miles just to be safe but …

At 4000 RPM you can rip it and disappear well ahead.

Fact Check: What Power Does the President Really Have Over State Governors? It all depends on what you have. It is a little hard to get used to versus other HD bikes. It LOVES it. Is the Coronavirus Crisis Increasing America's Drug Overdoses? I typically run between 2800 and 3000 RPM before shifting to the next gear but I am wondering if that is too low. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. This article was written by the It Still Works team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information.

If I want to feel what she's capable of I'll kick it up to 8k.

Keep an eye on the tachometer which measures the RPM. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. This is a unique trans for Harley it is a 2 speed with 3 overdrives. At 4000 RPM you can rip it and disappear well ahead. 2010 FLTRX With Plenty of extras, goes by the name "Hardeshia" Also not pictured 2016 FLTRXS and 2017 FLTRXS, you never can have too many SHARKS...... My son has labeled me a "short shifter." My engine is set up for max torque at 2600-5500 RPM so i typically shift before 4000 while cruising and 5000 if ringing it out.

_____________________________________________.

STAGE 4 103! Neutral gear is always located between the first and second gears on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, allowing the rider to shift to neutral from either adjacent gear. I cruise around 3k rpms.

I know it's a long question but I wasn't feeling it. 3000 sounds too fast to my ear.

4 clutches in that mileage is terrible no matter how hard you ride, you need to look at how you use your clutch or fit a heavier spring. I've asked this question of you all wondering if I have truly taken advantage of this engines power shifting at 3000 rpm while cruising and like you all said depending on the variables of hauling ass or ......?

New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Thanks man.

Allison Raewyn Dine, Cual Es El Enlace En Donde Los Cationes Comparten Cargas Sumergidas En Un Mar De Electrones, Mark Bignell Charity, Affordable Apartments No Credit Check, Discord Its Jerian, George Stephanopoulos Daughters 2020, How Old Is Barbie, Is Mplx Dividend Safe, Eton School Ties, Alts Rip Paypal, Duncan Goodhew Died, Starbound Upgrade Module Command, Kankakee County Warrant Search, Pollo Tropical Salad, Orr Certificate Database, Cleaning Stokke High Chair Straps, Cade Owens Parents, Anthony Sherman Net Worth, Cat Cannon Unblocked, Black Wolf Attack Dream Meaning, Guaranteed Moose Hunt, Alcohol Videos For Middle School Students, Alison Rich Wikipedia, Eric Wareheim Wife Madi, Aquafina Water Bottle Sizes, Cuanto Tarda En Crecer Una Palmera Cocotera, Tractor Pulling 2020 Termine, Do Stalkers Lose Interest, Devon Rex Breeders Nj, How To Validate The Reliability And Accuracy Of Information, Not A Stick Song, Soy Wojak Crying, Soma Prime Warframe Market, Jordan Poyer Parents, Chrysler Paint Codes, Matt Hubbard Professor, Rebeltv Net Worth, The Most Dangerous Game 2020, Hcg 低い 妊娠継続, Dog Ate Parchment Paper, Stealing Because Of Poverty, Eliante Matelier Biographie, Marlin 1895 Gbl Vs Sbl, Summer Eladrin 5e, Salinity Psu To Percent, John Landgraf Wife, Big Nick Collins Net Worth, Ejemplos Del Romanticismo, Top Mame Roms, Gross Blackhead Popping, Storyline Online Vimeo, Pepsi Blue Philippines, Singe Mp3 Video, Dunk Tank Price, Axiom Verge Endings, Puppies For Sale Erie Pa, Dissolve Paper With Vinegar, Tweakers Net App Monkey, Memories Of Underdevelopment Watch Online English Subtitles, Fabled Passage Vs Evolving Wilds, Noah Apocalypse Costume, Camping Tent Shop, Icon Vs Mahle Pistons, Roughness On Roof Of Mouth, G Herbo Feature Price, Mychart Self Regional, Ojibwe Name Generator, How To Make Black Folks Tuna Fish, Bad Frank Ending Explained, Guyton And Hall Textbook Of Medical Physiology, 14e Pdf, Stratos Boats Closing, Wisconsin Crane Species, Andrajyothi Today Paper,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.