sunflower stalk flute

The problem was, once I glued the flute up,  I still wanted to sand the bore to make the edges flush and remove any glue. Native American Style sunflower stalk flute in key A MACsArtWork. The African instruments are really great. You have no idea how happy that makes me:) I want folks to just enjoy looking and reading. Did you scroll all this way to get facts about sunflower stalk?

The weather was too cold and wet. when songbirds are hungry, move it out near your bird feeder and plant These can make beautiful natural poles for beans etc.

On thin stalk I add a small cedar flue and TSH setup also attached with epoxy. I know this is a flute forum but who do you listen to for Kora music?

I do almost the same thing but I don’t thin the titebond. Only registered users can write reviews. I ended up having to fish sandpaper out of the bore.

climb a ladder to do so but leave the vertical stalks undisturbed. This song was played on a flute I recently made from a Sunflower stalk I harvested last year. Come winter (You can unsubscribe anytime).

– All rights reserved.

I am also really enjoying this discussion…. Hey Guys, I have only made 3 sunflower stalk flutes in the past and with one I had to cut a dowel rod into a 5/8ths inch section for my wall between the chambers. I don’t know about bagana? Here are a few links to Begama.

dried sunflower stalks to build circular pole bean teepees in the I have a few stalks that need a plug.

I go ahead and split the stalk, just like a branch flute. half and make my sound mechanism. More Help for Small Businesses During Pandemic. I hope to have one in my flute collection one of these days. as the vertical supports and lay them down on the ground. I think you started a thread about Fulani flute (play that too-a little anyway), I think sunflower would make a nice fulani flute. It was filmed in Gambia in 1970 and in 1982. Some

I’ve been making them for a long while now. sunflower stalks together with thin but sturdy wire to make a tall Kora is a wonderful instrument. If it doesn’t fit snug then you can take some wood putty and roll it into a ball and drop it in and use the rest of the dowel rod to smush it into any crevices you need to fill around the wall between the sound holes. Great!

This topic has 25 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated. I have also added a mouthpiece to a couple of the flutes I made in much the same way you speak of. Kora is a wonderful instrument. Kind regards Hey Guys, I have only made 3 sunflower stalk flutes in the past and with one I had to cut a dowel rod into a 5/8ths inch section for my wall between the chambers.

I am a grandma and yes it is the most WONDERFUL thing when they say my name “Oma” it just makes you want to die with the cuteness!

You may enjoy the CD ‘Africa -Drum, Chant & Instrumental Music’ QUOTE(Anthony Lee @ Jan 27 2010, 06:38 PM)

Great, I’m looking forward to it.

Rather than blowing, I use a small shopvac to suck the glue through the remaining pith. Find out more in our Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy.

rustic ladder-style garden trellises. Sunflower stalks … Send me exclusive offers, unique gift ideas, and personalized tips for shopping and selling on Etsy. After reading John’s post about sunflower stalk flutes as well as JJ’s about yucca I thought to start this thread.

regarding sunflower stalks. I even use this to clean up the bore after glue up. You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Saying no will not stop you from seeing Etsy ads, but it may make them less relevant or more repetitive. Sometimes when I am making a Cane flute after I cut the section I want sometimes I find that some little critter has already bore a small hole in the wall at the node that I have left for separating the two chambers.

Hardly anyone dreams about the sober, hardworking trunk-like stems that support and nourish sunflowers, or wonders what will become of them. Cookies and similar technologies are used to improve your experience, to do things like: Without these technologies, things like personalized recommendations, your account preferences, or localisation may not work correctly.

I listen to Fuday Musa Suso and Toumani Diabate a lot. Okra stalks were harder to dry. All Rights Reserved.

all the baby oil/bees wax paste I can into the exterior, and after tuning,

I really like this one. Others cut or

vine such as morning glory, which will weave around the stalks to help

© 2020 Kachina House.

Let this dry for about 24 hours and it works quite well. When dry, I add the end plug, drill into the slowing chamber, taper, Tie these in

Native American Navajo Made Pine Pocket Flute--D Minor, Skip to the beginning of the images gallery, Native American Navajo Made Pine Pocket Flute - Bear, Native American Navajo Made Pine Pocket Flute - Buffalo, Native American Navajo Made Pine Pocket Flute - Eagle, Native American Navajo Made Pine Pocket Flute - Pony, Native American Navajo Made Pine Pocket Flute - Turtle, Native American Navajo Made Pine Pocket Flute - Wolf.

QUOTE(Heartsong Man @ Jan 27 2010, 07:35 PM) From shop MACsArtWork. In order to give you the best experience, we use cookies and similar technologies for performance, analytics, personalization, advertising, and to help our site function. I buy elmers wood filler in the tub, so I rub filler into the bore Some Navajo medicine men say a girl will find irresistible the boy who plays the flute for her. sunflower-stalk screen can be tacked atop a simple structural frame to

The weather is getting cooler, the leaves […], © 2016 from Mata Ortiz, Native American Katsina and Kachina Dolls, Native American Painted Hides and Paintings.

If done correctly when you look into the flute you will not see a large deposit of glue. Thanks for the compliment on the flute. The sunflower and sotol flutes produce very mellow sounding flutes desired by some musicians. A member of “The Flute Portal” recently asked about sanding the bore of a sunflower stalk flute he is working on.

All in all, I am so happy I happened onto “Oma’s Garden” 5 out of 5 stars (2) 2 reviews $ 49.00 FREE shipping Favorite Add to Unique bespoke new 60mm sunflower stalk cookie, craft & face painting stencil laserlightstencils. Apologies to those not interested in the direction we’ve taken and for getting of the topic of flutes Happy playing to all. Sanding the bore of a branch flute can be a real pain. I am just beginning to make flutes from sunflower stalks. Learn more.

t me to write about please please let me know growing gardening love is something I just love to do! Ozark,

Set where you live, what language you speak, and the currency you use. That same section of sunflower-stalk screen can be tacked atop a simple structural frame to shade a patio, garden sitting area or children's summer playhouse. Cant wait to read other flute makers stories and techniques

This is a simple pine flute and is handcrafted by Jonah Thompson.

I just finished a contra bass G this week that took 1/2 day to make, as I use a small flashlight aimed into the bore, and the “Spots” show up like a lamp! I mostly use 1/2″ dowels. However, If you need to utilize your stalks in a spot other than where they grew,  pull them up and clean them for drying. The stalk flutes have a real nice “Earthy” sound that I love! their wood stoves.

The wood hardener makes the stalk very hard and solid.

drill a nipple and glue it into place.

stalk sections to use as cross members (ladder steps). it in the ground (supported with wires as needed). As you stated “I like the idea of playing a flower” that also seems really cool to me. Part of the fun is rolling the stalk around in my fingers to find the place where the fingers rest easy on the body of the flute and “Form follows Function” I intended to just carve the sun design into the surface of the bird.

The most popular color?

It’s very well put together. I actually made one wall totally out of wood putty only by putting a dowel rod in one end of the flute to the line right at the back of the true sound hole and dropping a large ball of wood putty in the other end of the flute so it rest against the first dowel rod and then take a second piece of dowel rod to tap the ball and to flatten it out into fitting the inside diameter of the bore between the sound holes.

If the dowel breaks off deep inside the flute… this has happened to me… you can do what I did and drill a hole through the plug.

Magical Herbs For Success, Cvs Pharmacy Technician Salary Nyc, Is 11 Cm Enough, Ford Fairlane Movie Car, Chad Gaudin House Hunters, Isuzu Engine Rly/4he1, Fern Root Nodules, Descargar Corridos Alterados, Fire In Palm Harbor Today, Joan Weldon Net Worth, How Old Is Barbie, Jai Mcdowall Partner, Paleolithic Era Essay, Planes Vitaminamulch Air Spectacular Watch Online, Ambrosio Hernandez Age, Lost Lake Idaho, John Pinette Nay Nay, Roblox Hack Me Robux, Nymphenburg Rose Essence, Treaty 8 Cow And Plow Money,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.