strip mine vs wasteland mtg

Strip Mine from Fourth Edition for .

A diverse community of players devoted to Magic: the Gathering, a trading card game ("TCG") produced by Wizards of the Coast and originally designed by Richard Garfield. Strip Mine can hit anything, whereas Wasteland can only hit nonbasics.

New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Strip mine is banned in legacy, was printed more, and is only allowed as a 1 off in vintage where as wasteland is rarer, played in legacy, and is allowed as a 4 off in vintage. Strip Mine is also banned in French Duel Commander. I never run any ways to abuse it, though, even when my mono-green general was Azusa. It's mainly just preference. If I had a Port, I would be playing it in Krenko probably, in addition to Strip Mine. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, ϕA͙͎̼L̰L̫̱̠̥̲ͅ ̝̙̱̞̜̥W̝̫IL͇͚̩̯L̥͍̦̘̮̩ ͍̠̲̬̭͚B̬̘̬E͕ ̩̳̫̥ͅO̹̮̱̮NEϕ. It's supply vs. demand, and here, the demand for wasteland is significantly higher especially from the 'monied' group that is vintage and legacy competitive players, and the supply is significantly lower.

I looked through the comments and of course ended up in wasteland territory. ... A word on salt in edh or magic … Strip Mine is strictly better but I do not see it very often, even in most competitive EDH decks I read about. Strip Mine doesn't, because what are you going to do? Strip Mine can do everything Wasteland can do, but Wasteland can't do everything that Strip Mine can do.They dont, strip mine is actually much better, but is also banned/restricted, where wasteland isnt,A. I keep trying to understand the graveyard recursion part of it, but neither say exile this card. In my mind that makes it more flexible and therefore more desirable. It does make a difference. Strip Mine does not have this limitation. It seems like strip mine is better.

That was my assumption. 4 waste, 4 port, 4 strip mine and you might break the format.

To illustrate a point, consider this sequence in a Legacy game I was playing last weekend. And legacy is more popular than vintage to boot). Many vintage decks do run strip mine, but that's just 1 strip mine vs. 4 wasteland. I was playing Miracles and my opponent was on Shardless BUG: It was G1 and I was fairly behind on board to my opponent's Deathrithe Shaman, Creeping Tar Pit, and Liliana of the Veil. A lot of people hate land destruction, which means they'll dislike your deck- and possibly you- if you run it in an abusive way. This isn't a thing. Land destruction is such a touchy subject, but people enjoy playing optimally. Blew up an Urborg a few weeks ago and cut a guys Mana base in half. Wasteland has the limitation of hitting everything except basic lands. Press J to jump to the feed.

I run both Strip Mine and Wasteland but the deck I run can combo out on 3 mana sources. Deruku. Because of this Strip Mine is banned in everything except EDH and on the restricted list in Vintage (meaning you can only play 1). Welcome to manaless Dredge, we welcome you with open arms! The thing is though, most people agree that it's reasonable to destroy multicolored lands in greedy manabases, and even the most ardent of folks who hatLD will usually recognize that it's reasonable, and often necessary, to destroy utility lands. Please enable JavaScript to get the best experience from this site. He ended up winning that game by a landslide. I'm curious how people feel about rishadan port, especially in comparison to the other land-slaying lands. Be careful, as they do count as your land for the turn. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. DirkGently. i don't own wastelands nor do i really feel the need to pay $60 for one even to be "legal".

Ahh! I had no clue!

And legacy is more popular than vintage to boot). Both do something great for land destruction, but it just seems like strip mine is better. This means you see the card everywhere, to the point where many are calling for its restriction. strip mine/wasteland/tectonic edge vs rishadan port #1 Mar 17, 2014. Ads by Fandom. People that play Legacy are more likely to have a Wasteland handy than Strip Mine because it's banned. I run rishadan port, strip mine, and dust bowl in my mono-white deck, and honestly I love port, it doesn't slow my mana down and after shutting down their mana early game and being able to tap down a maze of ith late game is awesome, personally if your able to get a port I would certainly recommend running it. This question has been asked about a hundred times on this subreddit. I think other people touch on this, but I'd like to highlight one important thing. The other thing is you have things like punishing Jund that run Life from the Loam first to Dredge until they hit a wasteland then keep dredging Loam to get back the Wasteland to hardlock their opponents out of games. View User Profile View Posts Send Message Phelddagrif Incarnate; Join Date: 6/14/2011 Posts: 5,667 Member Details; I'm curious how people feel about rishadan port, especially in comparison to the other land-slaying lands. Join us discussing news, tournaments, gameplay, deckbuilding, strategy, lore, fan art, cosplay, and more. B. I run Strip Mines in all of my decks just to deal with dudes with abusive lands like Cabal Coffers. while strip mine has been reprinted multiple times and is a lower rarity. Join us discussing news, tournaments, gameplay, deckbuilding, strategy, lore, fan art, cosplay, and more. Many vintage decks do run strip mine, but that's just 1 strip mine vs. 4 wasteland. © 2020 MagicFind, Inc. All rights reserved. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Wasteland is legal in more formats than Strip Mine, which is banned in legacy.
The question is, why is a seemingly less superior card MUCH more expensive than it's catch all counterpart? Strip Mine is also banned in French Duel Commander. I always thought I needed to do this. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Not play lands? Strip Mine does not have this limitation. I run it primarily as Maze of Ith/Karakas protection and don't really abuse it. Why not both? See cards from the most recent sets and discover what players just like you are saying about them.

Only 5(+snow) lands are basic lands. Which is why you might get a pass from these players if you're playing Wasteland / Tectonic Edge, but not Strip Mine. Search Search all Forums Search this Forum Search this Thread Tools Jump to Forum strip mine VS wasteland #1 Dec 13, 2010. Having the land type like forest or plains doesn't make it a basic land, There are 10 basic lands. Wasteland/Strip Mine: Both Wasteland and Strip Mine are basically the exact same card. My line was to use a Brainstorm from my hand to be able to cast Terminus within combat during his turn to protect the Jace, and then slam the Entreat during my next turn.

Strip Mine is strictly better but I do not see it very often, even in most competitive EDH decks I read about. I'm a nice guy, and I don't like blowing up people's lands when I don't have to. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. This means that competitive demand is HUMONGOUS for wasteland (wasteland is pretty important in these formats, in fact, and a number of top tier decks run a full 4-of. EDIT: So Strip Mine is so cheap because it's essentially unusable (except in Vintage). Many vintage decks do run strip mine, but that's just 1 strip mine vs. 4 wasteland. level 2.

Strip Mine is strictly better but I do not see it very often, even in most competitive EDH decks I read about.

Strip Mine can do everything Wasteland can do, but Wasteland can't do everything that Strip Mine can do. In general, the actual powerlevel of a card just doesn't matter. Print runs. Now, in this game, I was forced by my draw to fetch Tundras, and the risk is relatively low against Shardless, as they only play 1-2 Wastelands. Magic General; strip mine VS wasteland; This thread was automatically marked as Locked. ), In addition to the fact that it's better, there's a critical mass problem. Print runs. Is there something I'm missing here? Unfortunate for me, my opponent ripped a Wasteland from the top of his deck, and was able to Waste my only untapped white source (a Tundra) before combat, which ruined what I was trying to do. I definitely see your point though. Strip Mine is MILES better than Wasteland. So it's completely based on banning. Gatherer is the Magic Card Database. But I thought it was worth the $5 to be able to hit basics if you wanted to also.
Search for the perfect addition to your deck. I'm not even exaggerating. 4th in particular is relatively widespread. Why is [[Wasteland]] fine , but [[Strip mine]] Banned in most formats is being able to destroy the duel basics that huge of a difference? 28 comments 4 waste, 4 port is extremely powerful. Why is wasteland so much more expensive than strip mine. Also cards like Bloodmoon are pretty relevant in Legacy. I've been getting into random gatherer searches lately (the last year) and the last round of searches brought up strip mine, which I have some copies of. popular-all-random-users | AskReddit-news-funny-pics-gaming-aww-worldnews-todayilearned-videos-nottheonion-gifs -mildlyinteresting-tifu-movies-explainlikeimfive-science-Jokes-OldSchoolCool-TwoXChromosomes-Showerthoughts-UpliftingNews … Many vintage decks do run strip mine, but that's just 1 strip mine vs. 4 wasteland. If you don’t mind playing a colorless land, then Wasteland and Strip Mine can be useful land destruction at the cheap cost of zero mana.

A big part of fetching in legacy is deciding on whether you should fetch for a dual or a basic because there are a lot of decks like delver and merfolk that run 4 wasteland because they just want to tempo you down. To balance this out, strip mine is far more popular from a casual perspective, but that can't hold up to the above 2 major factors. [[MCD]] strip mine/wasteland/tectonic edge vs rishadan port. Wasteland actually creates some interesting thought processes in gameplay and deck building. I'm not sure I would ever play port.

Is The Titanoboa Still Alive, Lapua Reloading Data, Leopard Gecko Overheating, Does Bleach Damage Bathtub, Cao Cao Pronunciation, Brethren Owned Businesses In Australia, Route 91 Harvest, Noita The Salt, Celeste Stop This Flame Acapella, Tiktok Curly Hair Tutorial, Waffle House Sign Generator, How To Clean A Roper Washer, Handmade Crown Acnh, 1963 Oldsmobile 98, Primal Sources Dragon Prince, Emacs 27 Mac, Ark Scorched Earth Boss Tek Engrams, Pcaob Aam 13100, Mobile Legends Ranks, Ibtihaj Muhammad Sister Brandilyn, Spiritual Meaning Of The Name Donna, Darren Mcfadden Height Weight, Japanese Steel, Folded 1000 Times Meme, Nyjah Huston Parents, Crystal Golem Prodigy, Benelli M4 Synthetic Stock, Advanced Sterilization Products Layoff, Jaw Dropping Facts About Emus, Arma 3 Find A Unit, Check Ethereum Balance, Michael Lockwood Fox News July 6 2020, Civic Type R Seat Wear, Panoptic Oculus Quest, Imagine Piano Tutorial Easy, Linsey Toole Harteis, 25 Acp Muzzleloader Primer, Paul Stassen Klm, Google Drive Kissing Booth 2, David Strickland Cause Of Death, Luca Zingaretti Now, Is Openra Safe, New Hanover County Family Court Calendar, Gladys Horton Net Worth, Axolotl Temperature Shock, Seeing Red Spots When Waking Up, Matt Hubbard Professor, Nicknames For Patricia, Botetourt County Jail Inmate Search, I Iii Iv V Songs, Japan 29ss Submarine, How To Change Guns In Valorant Practice, Mangu Vs Mofongo, Marzi And Remy Stein, Convert 4 Seater To 5 Seater, Mad Dog Trailer, Buy Neuromorphic Chip, Adu Portland Rent,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.