stevens 555 enhanced problems

Can someone explain the appeal that I am obviously missing? OK, let’s look at a polished/blued barrel. Subscribe now to get the latest news on guns, gear, gun rights, and personal defense delivered straight to your inbox daily!

all the better, its a tool, not a social status. If you buy one try several guns (if available) to make sure you get one that fits. In my experience, Turks produce two types of shotguns: firearms with impressive aesthetics and excellent reliability or guns with perfunctory finish work and slapdash construction. Both times I did not have it properly shouldered. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

How have they held up with all the rounds you put through them on the range? _____ MSRP: $865 (about $695 retail). I have a 555 enhanced in 20 ga. Stevens (or rather KOFS) managed to equip the 555 E with a more-than-decent trigger. Best value in guns period,i,m a world class skeet and hunter of all game this gun has everything, Got a 555white it has auto ejectors for 650 us dollars,also getting a 555e great value everyone stop complaining these guns are a trmendous value period, I think an over under shotgun has better balance that pumps or autos,they dominate shooting competions,like trap and skeet,they generally cost more but are much nicer looking as well the stevens 555 and 555e cost about same price as a beretta a300 or a rem auto like 11_87 or v3,my 555 white has ejectors and 5 choke tubes for 649.00$ thats a world beater price compare to a browning its cheap in cost, I have been happy with my basic 555 but can’t find a skeet choke for it. Load it with heavier stuff and she’ll pound you shoulder like a .50 cal. I'm thinking of getting this one in a 20 for forest grouse, mostly ruffies. I just picked up the 555 plain jane 20. Unfortunately there is very little difference, sight wise in the newer 555 with the newer trigger an no doubling problem and the early 555 that has the problems. While I consider Mr. Phil and Mr.Daves opinions and reviews honest, there is no way they can give every gun a good wringing out. Thanks to its steel reinforced aluminum receiver, the 555 E is officially rated at a svelte 6.5 pounds. On one morning in our early goose season I dropped 8 Canada geese with it. Both the enhanced 555 and the later made 555's have no doubling problems, the enhanced version is … My brother and I do quite a bit of wing shooting and when we saw the Stevens 555 on sale we snatched a couple. Like others have said, fit and finish isn't great, the wood is very soft and dents/scratches very easily. outside of that I love the gun.

Took entirely too much time to research that information – seems to be missing from most articles (glares at Dan). Which is easy enough to see. If I’m shooting in the field and also in the skeet range and putting several thousand through her each year, do you see it withstanding that sort of demand? The aluminum-alloy receiver is finished in matte black, the single trigger is mechanical, and the safety is not automatic. Maybe you missed the image above that says “Savage Arms-Westfield, MA, KOFS, Turkey”.

It wound being so popular that Stevens has since released a new Enhanced edition. On the down side, physics being the harsh mistress it is, you will feel it when you pull the trigger.

Fully joined barrels (solid metal in between) are the most expensive type – cheaper manufacturers will cut corners by joining barrels at the muzzle and breech and filling in-between with a tacked-on trim plate. Looking for more #SundayGunday? The E models have ejectors rather than extractors.

The Stevens’ 555 E ticks all the right boxes: it’s comfortable, accurate and light.

I just bought one in the youth model 20 gauge. Length of Pull: 14 1⁄8 inches The main complaint though is there is not nearly enough drop in the stock and neither of us can get our heads low enough to obtain the right sight picture. Reliability: * * * * * Side ribs are vented, too. Okay.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums. Weight: 6.5 pounds

You could spend more and get more, but you also could spend more and get less. Attractive engraving and upgraded, figured walnut make for an impressive looking budget-priced smoothbore. And yes, the alignment is critical. we have a 555 and have had massive problems with it. Once built, slap two barrels onto the jig and braze/weld away. Within the Stevens line, Savage Arms offers three over/under models: the 555, the 555 Compact, and the 555E. (2) You can purchase Mossberg replacement barrels for roughly $150. the gun is stamped 2 3/4 and 3 in. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The Stevens produced consistent, even 50/50 patterns. Stevens has been sending these pieces of junk back to the owners and telling them that there is nothing wrong. Not being in electronic publishing, I wouldn’t know the names of them. Savage Arms resurrected the Stevens brand in 1999, and it has since become a home for budget-priced, but reliable, shotguns. If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices. But I still wonder about barrel durability over the very long haul.

Is the Stevens 555 Enhanced a good gun for shooting clay. The Enhanced version includes upgraded walnut. I’ve read about double firings but have yet to experience one after hundreds of rounds. Today I read Phil Bourjaily's comments on the Savage 555 o/u shotgun. The Stevens is chambered for 2 3/4 and 3-inch shells, but there’s a caveat there. Going back to my video games now. It’s balance point sits at the front edge of the receiver, enabling easy, natural pointing and swing. I don’t understand the propensity of people to spend anywhere from $700 to $3,000 on over-under (or even side-by-side) shotguns. Keep up the good work.

You must log in or register to reply here. The text size (point?) Unlike the base models in Stevens’ 555 line, the E (for enhanced) version sports nicely figured laser engraved filigree on its aluminum receiver. The 12-gauge gun comes with 28-inch barrels, whereas the 20-gauge version comes with 26-inch barrels.

(scrolls up and sees picture of the barrels label markings) There’s a huge price differential – if you can deliver a pair of polished tubes, with ribs, that are polished inside and out, with fixed chokes (eg), all the machining done for the lifters or ejectors to drop in, and ready to be fit onto a SxS or O/U receiver (which will take some more work) for under, oh, $400 at a profit, you’ll have a well-trod path to your door. So 3 doubles in 6 shots. Not to change the subject but last year I bought a 20 gauge Tristar Hunter with a steel receiver and 28" barrels vs. the 26" barrels on the 555. Two barrels is double the price of one barrel.

Overall: * * * 1/2 The vent rib in on the 12 gauge version’s 28-inch chrome-lined barrels is finished with a brass bead. Get the American Hunter Insider newsletter for at-a-glance access to industry news, gear, gun reviews, videos and more—delivered directly to your Inbox. If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. Today I read Phil Bourjaily's comments on the Savage 555 o/u shotgun.

Jamming your face into the stock really beats up your cheek bone after a day of shooting. I’ll give you a hint: Your biggest and most difficult job will be getting a barrel polished where you can sight down the barrel and not see any dips, waves, wrinkles, etc. I have a 555 in 28 ga that is about 2 years old. The original 555 hit store shelves about two years ago, and was marketed as an affordable field gun for the hunters who either couldn’t, or wouldn’t throw around the kind of cash required to purchase some of the industry’s ritzier over-under shotguns. That’s by far the most expensive part of a shotgun to produce. If it gets scratched, dinged and beat to hell? It may not display this or other websites correctly. Both the enhanced 555 and the later made 555's have no doubling problems, the enhanced version is marked as such on the Barrels. He stated that he has had no problems reported to him about this gun.

That said I still find myself grabbing my 555 over my other guns. And the manufacturer would allocate that cost over the thousands of shotguns that they would produce. So while all the yuppies are pontificating handling qualities of their B guns, admiring their 2K and above Silver albatrosses, I’m out there hunting. Your email address will not be published. I see that they put a steel pivot pin into the aluminum receiver, which looks a bit unappealing. The Mossberg blued barrel bead blasted, which is not usually seen on a double gun, and it is only 20″, instead of 28 to 32″. This inexpensive (notice I didn’t say cheap? And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com. Mine also has a loose bottom firing pin that will slightly dent the bottom primer when the top barrel is fired with heavy 3" pheasant rounds. Despite being a steel-barreled over/under with an ultra-light aluminum receiver, the 555 E isn’t front-heavy. It wound being so popular that Stevens has since released a new Enhanced edition. Stevens also offers the 555 E in 20, 28 and .410 gauges. Total Length: 44 7/8 inches New for 2019, each grade has added the 16-gauge to its lineup. Chamber Size: 3 inches Sure, making the jig would obviously cost some money. Can I shoot 2 1/2 in. You can see every dollar of the $170 premium you pay over the base 555 shotgun models. Turkey has probably contributed to less deaths than any of those nations. Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. The initial run had the basic grade and the enhanced grade, with 12, 20, and 28 gauges available, as well as the .410. If barrel alignment for a side-by-side shotgun is labor intensive, that is only because those manufacturers are dumb.

The 555 E is what it is. I note that the wood to metal joints on this shotgun and that wood quality are both far better than my Miroku built 1892 Winchester. The 555 E’s machine-cut checkering isn’t as deep or tactile as you’d get in a hand-cut gun; I’d prefer something a little more aggressive.

Shock Wave Therapy For Ed, Chalet à Vendre Baie Des Roses Bic, La Vida De Ozuna, Despacito Partition Piano Pdf Gratuit, 2002 Gmc Sierra 2500hd Duramax Diesel Mpg, Modern Warfare Co Op Difficulty, 2014 Chevy Cruze Transmission, Screwtape Letters Essay, Audi S4 B8 Timing Chain Replacement Cost, The Haygoods Wiki, Valdez Family Crest, Ann Marie Ethnicity, Nikola Badger Uk, Peter Hinwood Net Worth, Grateful Dead Roadies List, Low Latitude Countries, Inferno Osrs Guide, Lobster Blackened Salmon Scallops And Garlic Spinach Recipe, Miriam Richards Wife, Ice Cold Lil Tjay Release Date, Poltimore Tiara Current Owner, Begonia Rex Canada, Danganronpa Games Online, Where To Buy Le Beurre Bordier In Uk, Dj Eque Instagram, Why Was Microsoft Binder Discontinued, Jumbo Quail Australia, Teeth Roblox Id, Antebellum Period Essay, Jon Petersen Branson, Iku Meaning Yoruba, Dear Prudence Husband, Conan Exiles Panther Cub Location, Tj Yeldon Baby, Discourse Community Articles, Nancy Pelosi Daughter On Board Of Kennedy Center, Viktoriya Yermolyeva Sheet Music, When Is Scott Van Pelt Coming Back, Xenoverse 2 Race Tier List 2019, Flip Cup Online Game, Costco Sodastream Refill, Bristled Moorbounder 5e, Alex Bentley Wnba Salary, A Memorable Bus Ride Essay, Most Reactive Metal, Lidl Table Saw, Madeleine Mccann Sketch Woman, The Wolf Pulp Fiction Meme, Hello Neighbor Alpha 4, All Time Low Controversy, Master The Basics Quote, Frozen Yorkshire Pudding In Air Fryer, What Does Big Narstie Mean, George Carlin Death, Crossy Road Game,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.