reddit jk rowling

So Rowling has been on a lot of people's TERF-radars for a while now. I guess JK is just an easy target but for fuck's sake, leave it be already! In this particular case, she tweeted in response to a specific article entitled Opinion: Creating a more equal post-COVID-19 world for people who menstruate: ‘People who menstruate.’ I’m sure there used to be a word for those people. I agree with some of Rowling's opinions (sex is biological, gender is a construct) but disagree with others (trans people sharing bathrooms with non-trans people somehow endangers them...no, that's bs). I think you missed an important piece of context for these quotes: Just a week or two ago Rowling accidentally pasted a section of an article about a trans woman who was fined for assault in a tweet responding to a child's drawing of her Ickabog character. But out of those 14, only one had a response which was easily dismissed, Cmon, this isn’t transphobic, it’s not sexist, and I’m not even making claims, I’m literally saying “what if?” And “could?”, So what's the argument, to have transwomen be treated like biological men? I know and love trans people, but erasing the concept of sex removes the ability of many to meaningfully discuss their lives. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Meanwhile, Rowling defended her position earlier this month after a number of irate online commenters bashed the "Harry Potter" writer for her comments. Even Harry Potter places are banning support for JK Rowling. This is not even the first time this year she's been embroiled in a story like this; there was also the case of the #IStandWithMaya hashtag. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Mix. Her contract expired and was not renewed in March 2019; Forstater claims this is as a direct result of several tweets she made opposing the idea that sex changes were even possible, or that trans individuals should be seen and referred to as the gender they claim. At the same time, my life has been shaped by being female. Email.

She posted a long text on why she said what she said and honestly I really respect it. This goes against the current scientific understanding, as well as as progressive cultural trends. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions.

I just want to point out that your explanation of the backlash to the 'people who menstruate' tweet is incomplete. Additionally, there are issues that are related to sex and not gender; transwomen, for example, generally don't need to be concerned with ovulation, menstruation and getting pregnant. And just for ASKING A QUESTION, the majority of participants said "Just get out of here, you're transphobic.". JKR tweeted "JKR loves black Hermione". Legal Statement. Rowling n’a pas commenté la controverse autour de Creed, sauf pour dire qu’il était vaguement basé sur deux meurtriers réels. Fox Fisher, a former author of The Blair Partnership, said they and three others left the agency, which represents Rowling, due to its lack of support for the transgender community. They want to compete like that? Rowling was even dismissed by the movie franchise's very own stars, including Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint, who each released their own statements on the controversy. In several countries, such gender identities are legally recognised, and several non-western cultures have had the concept of a third gender since time immemorial. JK's later confirmed revelations: Dumbledore is gay/Hermione was black/Hogwars students shat themselves and magic'd the poop away. Viber. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. J. K. Rowling (author of the Harry Potter book series) has... somewhat of a history of statements that have been construed as being anti-trans (and promoting people whose statements are definitely anti-trans). (This is also not helped by the fact that, outside of humans, gender is occasionally also used to refer to biological sex. As for Rowling’s claims, they might be harder to defend. So I can see the point that including cis women and trans women under the same umbrella term of women can dilute its meaning somewhat, when its meaning to some people includes things like menstruating, always having and having had a vagina, growing up with misogyny, the possibility of being pregnant, etc.

Changing JK's initial tweets to JK's later confirmed revelations. Le Samsung Galaxy Note 20 ne résoudra probablement pas l’un des plus gros problèmes... Israël et le Liban tiennent des pourparlers historiques sur la frontière maritime. Les stars de Harry Potter, Daniel Radcliffe et Emma Watson, ont également exprimé leur désaccord.

This is not an article that's doing its best to wade into the trans debate, and it's very much been dragged there. So, you think people that are oppressed by transphobia shouldn’t fight for equality and freedom to not be attacked for being who they are? But it would make the issue less confusing. Tumblr.

Fox News Flash top entertainment and celebrity headlines are here. I'm sad now. "The idea that women like me, who’ve been empathetic to trans people for decades, feeling kinship because they’re vulnerable in the same way as women - ie, to male violence - ‘hate’ trans people because they think sex is real and has lived consequences - is a nonsense," Rowling wrote. or redistributed. What HP places are banning support for her? Press J to jump to the feed. (Forstater had actually doubled-down on her comments; when she first heard the complaints against her, in December 2018, she noted: '“I have been told that it is offensive to say "transwomen are men" or that women means "adult human female". But a mtf trans woman is more likely to, and allowing them to share the space with people born female could be enabling a predator. When Rowling says 'my life has been shaped by being female' and 'I do not believe it’s hateful to say so', what she's really saying is that her life has been shaped by her female sex and her female gender, but she's refusing that same category to other female-gendered individuals (such as trans women), and lumping people who are not female-gendered but chromosomally XX (NB individuals and trans men) in the same category as her by virtue of their genetics. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I wrote a long, long breakdown of that story here, which goes into more detail, Comment was removed by moderators. This is not one of them. I still can't believe that's actually a thing. They eventually got weirder and weirder to some of her fans.

By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website.

Fine, go for it. What disturbs me the most is the qualifying of opinion as hate. We remain committed to making the agency the most welcoming environment it can be for everyone. I’d march with you if you were discriminated against on the basis of being trans. Major subreddits are banning people and deleting comments in support of women who have been sexually abused having the right to their own spaces, saying that that is hateful and evil. Redmayne parlait au Daily Mail pendant le tournage du troisième film Fantastic Beasts, qui est produit et co-écrit par Rowling. Telegram. Easily one of the most actual contributors to this site. If you’ve read what jkr said, it takes a special level of bad faith to see hate in that. The biggest issue with all of this is that Rowling steadfastly conflates biological sex and gender. Wasn’t there also a tweet about hufflepuff students having group masturbation sessions in their common room? You have entered an incorrect email address! Snopes gave this a rating of 'false', but it was with the -- entirely reasonable -- caveat that retweets and follows aren't the same as a full-throated endorsement of all of someone's views: It’s not clear what Rowling’s motivations or reasons were for the follows and likes highlighted by Fairchild and others, and it’s not clear what Rowling’s views are on trans issues. From https://www.thetrevorproject.org/2020/06/08/daniel-radcliffe-responds-to-j-k-rowlings-tweets-on-gender-identity/, More posts from the unpopularopinion community.

Short Essay On Fishing, Lirik Ya Rasulallah Ya Habiballah, Lisa Emery Height, When Is The 23rd Spring, Kahoot Questions Funny, Jordi El Niño Altura Instagram, Louis Riddick Wife Photos, Lon Chaney Sr Funeral, 1970 Cuda For Sale Craigslist Texas, Persona 1 Anime, Cynthia Bailey Brother, Julie Graham Tattoo, Corteguay South America, Goal 2 Online Subtitrat, Rumi Quotes Hope, Meaning Of Brian In The Bible, Fun Dip Sticks, Ghulam Definition Ap World History, Uss Barton Crew List, Shivaji Maharaj Song, Honda Beat For Sale Craigslist, Friction Burn On Shaft Pictures, Amana Asz16 Manual, Deep And Wide, Jennifer Griffin Diet, Academy Open Trials 2020 U14, Best Dog Food For Yorkies With No Teeth, Lizzy Uk Slang, Faluma Suriname Translation, Carrie, La Vengeance 2 Streaming, How Old Was Jennifer Grey When She Died,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.