reddit cscareerquestions twitter

Sounds like the guy totally lacks initiative beyond the immediate, given task; or is just lazy. However, living at home meant he didn’t feel compelled to invest in networking socially or professionally–even finding a life-partner. 0 comments. Impressive!

Pretty sure they're the same for new grad and internship. 0. Many years ago I worked for NCR Corp as a programmer. That’s why @amazon is so polite because he’s a civil engineer.

That’s when I’d do “my work,” which was basically writing my novel.

What, back to grad school? It could be real for another one. Close. 93% Upvoted. I s*** you not, I had no friends or anything at work either, so nobody ever talked to me except my boss and occasionally the devs for the software I was testing.”. I see a Darlene Woodhurst criticizing… Read more ». Modern companies realize that intelligence and critical thinking are a far more valuable skill sets than where you worked before/what you officially learnt.

You do you, and be happy. Did they send that email to like a lot of people or it actually means something. The problem was that I was programming point of sale terminals, which could have been totally automated.

Automating testing is a very valuable skill and possibly much desired… think about consulting!!

Good QA engineers automate tedious, repetitive, and error-prone tasks to run periodically, if not continuously. Will taking the test a month from now put me at a disadvantage? What did you put as your first and second choice.

Facebook employs ~30k, Google 85k. Automated parts of that so I can focus on the interesting parts. This thread is archived.

Log In Sign Up. At 9 the majority of people came strolling in. Today I got an email saying that they are excited to continue "your" candidacy and that they are sharing my resume with teams. Let’s see how he spent it, in his own words: “From around six years ago up until now, I have done nothing at work. Where the person went wrong here is that he automated his job, but didn’t take that opportunity to do something more productive with all the time saved so he can now improve on other areas and automate the crap out of other parts of his department or company. While being smart enough to automate time-consuming job tasks is great, it can also be dangerous to your career. EA, Go to company page hey! If he played Dota, he probably still have a job up to now. Please log in to update your newsletter subscription status. Lol what a loser! Don't chase an acronym dude. supervisor and they fired him for it. At what point do you go to your boss, tell him/her that you have the “proofing software working” and are able to take on other tasks?

When interviewing, he may want to be honest and explain what happened–for better or worse–because employers are going to… Read more », To be young and naive–OP obviously thought he had outsmarted the system by automating what usually would take hours to accomplish. He’s better off I’d say. Thanks for the advice btw :), New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the cscareerquestions community. Surely a well-known tech company would be able to automate their own QA and therefore not need this job to be filled? Oh, but you want one set of rules for the Overlord class and a different set for the Serf class? Now, our friend reflects on his time there and admits he may have made some mistakes along the way: for instance, automating his job to the point where he forgot how to code.

1. Second: Immediately replace the entire management team for being stupid and letting bean counters (however necessary) dictate company policy.

Press J to jump to the feed. Microsoft, Go to company page As soon as I found out that automating my job could fire me, I would have un-done the automated tasks and actually do them (manually). Log in or sign up to leave a comment Log In Sign Up. Are these the type of questions asked by most big tech companies for just an internship?

If you do, then you didn’t really know how to code in the first place, instead, resorting to googling for solutions on coding websites such as stackoverflow, codeexchange, etc. Hi wondering what leetcode / hackerrank difficulty and subjects I should practice with for this test? report. He did actually fulfill his job obligations after all, and lack of mental stimulation at work can be a big problem which leads employees to seek their own sources of stimulation/distraction, in his case, LoL. Rising. He was smart enough to keep going. He should be picked up by any company concerning themselves with artificial intelligence, robots or automation suites. So with most of the hard part of his job done for him, OP had some free time … six years’ worth, in fact. We all know that QAs must work hand in hand with developers, management Tools are there to help in manging Daily tasks…..How can it take 6 yrs without noticing anything? So he didn’t have a competent (any?) Plus if you have a degree in CS, you will learn coding again in 2 weeks. That is wrong. A subreddit for those with questions about working in the tech industry or in a computer-science-related job. Next find what really motivates him and focus on that.. And learn to socialize – that’s a skill that takes work to learn. If I was a prospective employer interviewing him for a job, I’d seriously question why someone who had 6 years of experience in QA at a Bay Area tech company needed to go back to improve his skills. What do you think OP should do?

Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.

He did what the company asked him to do, he just found a way to do it they hadn’t anticipated.

I did this too, accept I just moved on to a different job. Advise: Buy new computers, start playing with writing idea software, Open… Read more ». But I’ll take your word for it. Was it just me or were the questions really hard? hide.

No doubt this is a personal failure, but it is also a failure in this company’s culture. It makes for good discussion, but that’s about it.

Nvidia, Go to company page

Is this done through hackerrank ? This week on /CSCareerQuestions, Reddit user FiletOfFish1066 reveals an unfortunate situation that sounds almost too much like HBO's Silicon Valley to …

A subreddit for those with questions about working in the tech industry or in a computer-science-related job. Apple, Go to company page I was planning to apply this week, but since people are already getting the coding challenge, I'm not sure I should apply immediately. Well – other than the fact that he let himself forget all the skills that let him get away with automating for 6 years.

no comments yet. Hot New Top Rising. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the cscareerquestions community. The person could have had a great career doing test automation if he didn’t sit around doing nothing for 6 years.

Are these the type of questions asked by most big tech companies for just an internship? That’s an error on their part and if anyone should be fired, it should be someone up the food chain.

With that great skills of OP, he may advice the rest of the IT comppanies on how to automatize their QA areas; OP may be very succseful. And nobody really cared. etc. I’m not sure this is a true Story, but perhaps the company did not realize about OP talent and promote him as an officer or as a coach for their staff. User account menu. Yet, in my office there were five people doing it and I”m sure there were in offices around the country. I was a civil engineer before. 23. User account menu. He was given a task that needed doing, and he did it.

Hot. Posted by 2 months ago. This thread is archived.

The PayScale Salary Negotiation Guide.

So I think this guy had the gravy train and he has enough to make a fresh start. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies.

Did anyone pass all the algorithms?

Understand what's truly driving the gender pay gap. This tests what other people write …. I haven't.

So Twitter gets a similar number of applications, but with FAR fewer spots available. log in sign up. Twitter Diversity Program? Twitter may not compete with those companies in terms of reputation, but it competes in terms of brand awareness. A software developer who has the skills to automate a suite of tests does not “forget” how to code. Also got test 7.

I really like the people that I interviewed with but am afraid that this might not be a good job to start my career.

First off: He didn’t rip off the company. Had he been as smart as this article makes him sound, he would… Read more ». Now I own a $1.3m home in SF and the rest of my life is on cruise control. Please visit My Account to update your newsletter subscription status. I worked for a large pharma company in the IT department doing QA. APM? Salesforce, Go to company page I think he made the story just for fun but it is not real. Dude/tte! Rejected by Google, Twitter, Square and Airbnb for bombing the on-site onslaughts of technical mindbogglery.

The app is cake, so I might as well just submit! A new study finds that women are more likely to discuss ... September Jobs Report Finally Released: News Mixed. Twitter's an odd case in that it has a hugely disproportionate social and cultural foot print compared to the size of the team.

I am 28, without a job (although they are giving me three months of pay), and no skills. How much time did it take you to get through the test? Student. @microsoft those are just the most upvoted reddit comments! He can… Read more ». I’d leave for lunch and go home, and everyone assumed I was at one of the… Read more », If this story is true then clearly this guy was not interested in his career whatsoever. Cookies help us deliver our Services. (If I had $200K, I think I’d start buying and flipping houses!)

Posted by u/[deleted] 2 years ago. Eventually he automated enough things so he could spoof a whole test team. I'm applying to twitters freshman/sophomore internships, and one of the questions is: "We have challenging projects to provide a meaningful experience for both full-time and intern career opportunities. hide. It looks like he was motivated to automate any work he had so he could get back to playing league… After that he had motivation to find the next thing to help with.. You can’t go to school for motivation… If he’s smoking pot I’d tell him to stop that.

Oh wait, that’s what I did. I was very reluctant to join Twitter Electrical and computer engineer by study.

Hi everyone! How skilled is the Test manager? share.

Anyone can move to FAANG from anywhere, I started my career as an auditor (accountant) at a Big 4 consulting firm before I got into tech. For non-work related topics yay Amazon, Go to company page Hot. I did it for six months and couldn’t take it… Read more », I’ve been in a similar situation. Archived. Press J to jump to the feed.

While it was brilliant that he was able to automate his job, he is completely at fault for spending his time at work the way he did. I've read a bunch of posts about Twitter internships though, and I've seen people say they didn't get all the test cases to pass but they still got interviews. Mine is for new grad? r/cscareerquestions: A subreddit for those with questions about working in the tech industry or in a computer-science-related job.

Stop guessing. I also got test 4. Are there any projects you are interested in?". Regardless of how smart he is, the fact that he defrauded the company out so so much money, I think that he was lucky that he got a severance package at all. save. If he told them about the success of the software his reward would have been thanks but you are no longer needed. With this freed time, five days of workout at the gym, as professional bodybuilders state, is excessive, so some of that… Read more », I have no sympathy at all for OP. Hi wondering what leetcode / hackerrank difficulty and subjects I should practice with for this test?

Crystallization Approach Ifrs, Kamaz Truck For Sale Australia, Please Extend Your Support And Cooperation Meaning, No Money Down Lease Deals, Discord Emoji Compressor, Jason Gelles Wife, Dark Souls Claymore One Handed, How To Make Gusset Corners, Whamola For Sale, Polish Wedding Blessing, Layla Kiffin California, Rob Cristofaro Net Worth, Como Ver Seguidores De Instagram Sin Cuenta, Modx Cover Sounds, Hungry Dragon Apk, How To Reset Camshaft Position Sensor, Macbeth Killing Duncan Essay, Vox Is Garbage, Deborah Wrigley 1980, Kiss Daniel Net Worth 2020 Forbes, Film D'horreur Complet En Francais Paranormal Activity, Jonah Name Meaning Arabic, Unifi Video Default Password, Zach Gentry Mut, Film Streaming Poursuite Mortelle, How To Make The Roman Empire Banner In Minecraft, Angela Rye Parents Nationality, Virelangue Rigolo Pdf, Diamond Shape Meaning Significance, Car Metaphors For Love, Type De Regard, Quip Toothbrush Head, Is Prestonplayz Dead, Herb Hudson Bio, Vw Amarok Usa For Sale, Rust Garage Door Skins, Roger Yuan Wife, Ntondo Gorilla Bronx Zoo, 1 Cup Broccoli, Hankton New Orleans, Mk65 Quickstrike Mine, Customs Map Tarkov, Give Me Your Money Facebook Group, Julian Jacob Sweetea Age, Daughters Of The Moon Tarot, Floating Sandbox Titanic, Mallory Pugh Husband, Walkin' Blues Meaning, Odsonne Edouard Salary, Kellison Cars For Sale, Adam Mosseri Height, Copperas Cove Drug Bust, Charlie Chaplin Smile Lyrics, Simple Simon Says Chords, Ap Stylebook 2020 Pdf, What Does Zoe Mean In Slang, Percy Jackson Fanfiction Crossover, Zork Entrance To Hades, Chaos;head Noah Differences, Tales Rush Gift Code, Atonement Guilt Essay, 2022 Kia Cadenza, Miracle Shih Tzu, Lisa Breckenridge Dreux, Dor Navy Meaning, Nintendo Switch Nzb, Baseball Bat Weight, Border Collie Rescue New York, Underground Radio History, Pollo Tropical Salad, Surviv Io Update, Mad Over You, Gary Rohan Instagram, Athena Personality Traits, Sample Eulogy In Spanish, How To Remove Pull Down Blinds, Chris Franjola Net Worth, Esposa De Miky Woodz Instagram, Asia Ray Freakshow, Ford Raptor Take Off Wheels For Sale, Chadwell Heath Academy Uniform, Kenmore 73025 Parts Diagram, Everwood Bright And Hanna Shower Episode, Celtic V Hearts Live Stream Justin Tv, Quadpay Vs Afterpay, Chalet Louer Lac Sinclair, Life In An Urban City Essay, Notebook Ownership 2020 Polyu, How Hard Is A Geography Degree, Hp Pavilion X360 Screen Replacement, Random 90s Nba Players, Pirate Proxy 2020, Nutria Meat For Sale, Michael Myers Png, Maximillion Cooper Net Worth, Time Flies Poem, Curse Sky Odyssey, Hugh Harman Biography,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.