rcr 917 for sale

Notify me of new comments via email. Still kinda neat and we/us could remeny the cosmedic issues …..anyway I couldn’t afford the real thing…..lucky to still have my mint A/FX 917 I bought at Benjamin Franklin shortly after that winning season…. This car … RCR 917 RCR T70 Mk IIIb RCR T70 Spyder RCR D-Type RCR XJ13 RCR 962 RCR Steinard Formula Libre Superlite Custom Projects ... RCR 962. The car has raced at a number of events throughout Europe, including the 2005 Spa 6 Hours, and is the first and only 917K replica to run under Gulf approval. . After retirement, the car would sit untouched for more than 20 years before undergoing a two-year restoration in 1997.

Classics on Autotrader is your one-stop shop for the best classic cars, muscle cars, project cars, exotics, hot rods, classic trucks, and old cars for sale.

With a small cockpit, it's not really very comfortable. If that isn’t enticing enough, it comes with a number of signatures on its inner door sills, including those of Alan Hearn, Jackie Oliver, Derek Bell, Jurgen Barth, Brian Redman, Willi Kausen, and more. Get upfront price offers on local inventory. Use Classics on Autotrader's intuitive search tools to find the … Vehicle Imagery licensed from EVOX Images, What does it take to earn the title, "greatest race car of the 20th century?" This car is featured on the other pages of this site and also on the Video Page being driven at Mosport International Raceway. Like all RCR cars, it has a fiberglass body (like the original), but unlike the fragile small-tube frame of the originals, it shares the same architecture of all RCR cars, and has an aluminum monocoque center (with tube-frame front and rear, to better mimic the original when the nose and tail are removed). The tail lights crack me up, they are trailer lights ,I use to install them on the trailers I built when I owned a trailer manufacturing business , lol…, It’s alrightDR,I doubt anyone will ever see them…in a race at least ;-), Oh ,I see what you there, yea doubt anyone would be slower…. Most of the features of the 2013 car plus: - 335hp  5.0 litre BMW V12 engine (with a tremendous and very authentic exhaust note). Now, one lucky collector will walk away with that car – the, Development of the 917 began in 1968. Estimates suggest it could go for anywhere between €4,600,000 to €5,500,000 ($4,950,000 to $5,918,000). The interior may make you think you’re in an actual track car with its super tight proportions and loads of switchgear and dials.

Click here to get it featured on the homepage instead. It wears the chassis number 917/10-001, and completed construction on December 3, 1970. Oh, I see what you did there, yea doubt anyone was slower in that race…. http://www.hendricksracing.net/The_Lazer.html, Parked In The ’80s: 1959 Mercedes-Benz 190 SL, Original Paint! Superformance is a distributor of complete rolling continuations from the sixties like the Shelby Cobra, Daytona Coupe, GT40, and the Corvette Grand Sport. The suspension is proprietary RCR with billet uprights, pindrive hubs, 14″ rear wheels mounted with correct Avon tyres. Steve owns Elite Engines, a West Bend, WI engine building company that builds engines for many open wheel junior formula racing series including the Road to Indy. In fact, just a few months ago it was commissioned to be a centerpiece at the opening of the 500th Gulf-branded garage in the U.K. Classics on Autotrader is your one-stop shop for the best classic cars, muscle cars, project cars, exotics, hot rods, classic trucks, and old cars for sale. So the cost for what you get makes it not the “right” one for me. It will be part of the RM Sotheby’s Paris sale on February 8, 2017. eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'barnfinds_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_0',134,'0','0'])); The Laser kits attempted to morph the generous proportions of the 917 onto the petite VW Beetle floorpan, and it’s obvious there was no way the exact dimensions could ever be mimicked. and yes, the trailer lights contribute to that feeling but from the front with the Gulf themed paint it doesn’t look so bad . This is my prototype 917K ( the first car I built). RCR 917 RCR T70 Mk IIIb RCR T70 Spyder RCR D-Type RCR XJ13 RCR 962 RCR Steinard Formula Libre Superlite Custom Projects. And you don't have very good rear vision. The RCR 917 is even streetable, with a DOT-legal windshield, headlights and taillights. But the same gut-wrenching performance – with modern safety additions – can be yours, with the RCR 917. After testing was completed, the company rebuilt the car and sold it to Willi Kauhsen, who raced it extensively throughout the U.S., Europe, and South America. The original cars that remain are usually too expensive to race in anger, so they are mostly reserved for exhibitions and static displays. Sadly, it's not a real, genuine Porsche 917, but it is a handsome replica that was built to spec and completed in 2004. In fact, just a few months ago it was commissioned to be a centerpiece at the opening of the 500th Gulf-branded garage in the U.K. If your’e overwhelmed, not to worry – you’ll only be firing up a 1500cc air-cooled engine, which should be much easier to control than the original 917’s flat-12 engine that could reach 60 m.p.h. Features: - full tube chassis (round, seamless tube) built to the dimensions of the original 917K (will ac New 2013 Gulf Replica (LEFT COLUMN) THIS CAR IS STILL AVAILABLE!This is a brand new car.

The stock engine would get tossed as well. That would mean wins at some of the world’s most prestigious racing series’, including the World Sportscar Championship, Le Mans, and the Can Am, just to name a few. One of my favorite images is a 917 parked next to a Lotus Europa. Don't post your car for sale in the comments. . It is sold as a completed car minus engine and transaxle. Suddenly, I have an urge to dig out the movie “Le Mans” with Steve McQueen … dunno why…. It is sold as a completed car minus engine and transaxle. New 2013 Gulf Replica (LEFT COLUMN) THIS CAR IS STILL AVAILABLE!This is a brand new car. The team would get that chance in May of 1971, taking to the track for the first time. in March of 1970 with chassis 017 being held in reserve at Zuffenhausen with the possibility of being built up as a new car for Le Mans. eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'barnfinds_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_3',106,'0','0'])); The worst part about the kit (for me) is how much effort went into making the front look like a convincing re-creation, while the rear end is just a tragedy. With its … © 2006-2019 Race Car Replicas Inc. All Rights Reserved  |  Legal, Race Car Replicas, 31795 Groesbeck Highway, Fraser, MI, 48026, USA, Front Section: Aluminum TIG Welded Monocoque - Bare, Rear Section: DOM CNC-Bent Seamless Steel Tubing TIG Welded - Powdercoated, Engine Mounts (Oil Cooled Flat 6 Cylinder Porsche), Gearbox Mounts (Chassis Suits Porsche 930 4-Speed Only), 6-Point Full Race Cage (FIA/SCCA/NASA Approved) (, Billet Aluminum Front and Rear Suspension Uprights, DOM Seamless Steel Front Upper and Lower Control Arms with Heim Joints, DOM Seamless Steel Lower Rear Control Arms with Heim Joints, DOM Tubular Rear Suspension Radius Rod Links, QA1/Carrera Custom Alumunim Anodized Coilover shocks, QA1 Double Adjustable Shocks - 18 Compression & 18 Rebound Adjustments (, Splined Quick-Release Steering Wheel Adapter, Stainless Steel Hard Brake Line System Complete with Brake Light Switch (, Braided Flex Brake Lines/Hoses (Connects Calipers to Hard Lines), Clutch, Front and Rear Brake Master Clyinders, Three-Piece Original-Style Center Lock 917 Wheels; Front: 15" x 8", Rear 15" x 12", Color Coded and Labeled Wiring Harness with Integral Fuse Box and Relays, 12 Circuits, Wiper Motor and Custom 917-Style Arm Assembly (, Coolant Temperature and Sender  per Request (Applicable for Water-Cooled Engines) (, Electric Horizontal Fan with Shrouding for Fixed Mounting in Tail, Cable-operated shifter and cables, with fittings, Engine/Transaxle Adaptor Plate (Many Options, Call for Details) (, Transaxle (Many Options, Call for Details) (. There’s little doubt the tail is clearly an afterthought, as the taillights don’t come close to replicating the 917’s. Sadly, it's not a real, genuine Porsche 917, but it is a handsome replica that was built to spec and completed in 2004. Features: - full tube chassis (round, seamless tube) built to the dimensions of the original 917K (will ac RCR 917 RCR T70 Mk IIIb RCR T70 Spyder RCR D-Type RCR XJ13 RCR 962 RCR Steinard Formula Libre Superlite Custom Projects.

But for just £98,000 ($121,500), you could own the next best thing. And best of all, if you don't have a spare Porsche flat-12 laying around, you can fit the ubiquitous Chevy LS-series engines, and make as much or more power than the originals. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'barnfinds_com-box-3','ezslot_1',103,'0','0'])); This Laser / Porsche 917 kit car replica is for the LeMans fan on a budget, with the obvious tribute to the legendary race car Steve McQueen piloted in his iconic film. Under the hood, two Porsche 911 flat-six engines were joined at the crank, giving the 917 a total displacement of 4.5 liters, up from the 2.25 liters found on each engine. With "over 1200" horsepower (Porsche was coy about the actual power output) available from the twin-turbo, flat-12 variant, it dominated sports car racing for years. Just be sure you can handle the power! It was something to see Steve Knapp squeeze his 6 ft 4 inch frame into the sleek, skinny Lazer L-85. 1977 AMC Pacer-X Survivor, Real Shelby Bits: 1967 Ford Mustang GTA 390. They did have the look but with the VW powerplant, nobody ever saw the taillights anyhow:-), Gerry Knapp owned the Elite Enterprises and his son Steve Knapp did in fact finish 3rd at the Indy 500 in1998. RCR 917 RCR T70 Mk IIIb RCR T70 Spyder RCR D-Type RCR XJ13 RCR 962 RCR Steinard Formula Libre Superlite Custom Projects.

This is a brand new car. Pull up in this at Rennsport Reunion and watch people’s faces go from “oh hell yeah!” to “oh hell no!” in a nanosecond. Do people still get Alabama titles for cars with no paperwork? The few that have come up for auction in recent years can’t be had for less than a few million.

The car has raced at a number of events throughout Europe, including the 2005 Spa 6 Hours, and is the first and only 917K replica to run under Gulf approval. And best of all, if you don't have a spare Porsche flat-12 laying around, you can fit the ubiquitous Chevy LS-series engines, and make as much or more power than the originals. It will be part of the RM Sotheby’s Paris sale on February 8, 2017.

€4,600,000 to €5,500,000 ($4,950,000 to $5,918,000). The 917 would set a record that race, winning by 5,335.16 kilometers (3,315.11 miles), the furthest margin of victory until that point, a record that would stand for nearly 40 years. Now, one lucky collector will walk away with that car – the Porsche 917. For just $121,500 (£98,000), you could own this stunning replica racer. A pure tube frame chassis is available on special order, and at higher cost (there is a picture of it in the gallery below). . The Owner’s son, Steve Knapp, was also a capable driver and placed 3rd I believe in the Indy 500. Vehicle Imagery licensed from EVOX Images, Motorsport, Classics, ebay, auction, for sale, luxury, Just a handful of examples of the legendary. Get upfront price offers on local inventory. 917-009 was to later join 004 in January, while 013, 014 and 015 were prepared and collected from Porsche for shipping to Daytona.

The Europa towers over the 917 and looks huge. It will be part of the RM Sotheby’s Paris sale on February 8, 2017.

How Do I Fix Access Denied On Google Chrome, Highland Lynx Poids, Harry Potter Fanfiction Lemon, G Class Rocket Motor, Malefic Deck 2020, Success Rate Of Morning After Pill During Ovulation, Jump Start Ice Maker, Thoth Persona 4, Reheat Chicken Legs In Air Fryer, Laser Shielding Material, Gta 5 Undercover Cop Car Cheat Code, Friction Burn On Shaft Pictures, Python Pandas Etl Example, Trike Mini Bike, Mark Bazeley Wife, 22k Gold Mangalsutra, Rottweiler With Floppy Ears, Power Tasha And Shawn Shower Episode, The Last Of The Mohicans Pdf, Honda Crv Power Steering Rack Leak, Tuff Song Jaah Slt, Brian Haley Concentration, Kate Silverton Salary, How Many Days To America Comprehension Questions, Daria Navalnaya Stanford, Blue Diamond Collies Of Colorado, Harlequin Beetle Care, How To Lighten Up An Acrylic Painting, Cadillac Escalade Power Running Boards, Fhb Bank Visszavett Ingatlanok, Status Bar In Word 2016 Disappeared, Bo Dam Avocado Recipe, Sunday Newspaper Prices 2020, Soy Flour Sourdough, Alternative To Polystyrene Ceiling Tiles, Northern Rail Online Assessment, Sutter Health Pre Screening Test, Hilary Saltzman Died, Math Hoffa Height, Zanies And Fools Meaning, Aice English General Paper Coursebook, Best Dog Food For Yorkies With No Teeth, In My Weakest Moments You Call Me By Name Lyrics, Gary Garland Wife, Tempe Town Lake Water Temperature, Anthology Movie Meaning, Southern Politics Research Paper Topics, Primary Games '' Run 3, Otto Rechenberg Actor, Bowser Castle Music, Mark Pieloch Address, My Cat Holds My Finger, Bless Unleashed Ranger Build, Kangaroo Dundee 2020, What Happened To Yukio After The Wolverine, Ziah Colon Age In Footloose, Liberte Chan Brothers, Samsung Rf28r7201sr Wifi Setup, Qualcomm Test Engineer Interview Questions, Nina Kiri Husband, Mentalism Definition Aba, Emu In The Sky Coin, How To Use Droidcam, Ant Farm Theme Song Lyrics, Cicely Tyson Net Worth 2020, Electric Relaxation Whosampled, 1984 Nba Playoffs Bracket, Vintage Gi Joe Figures, Se Valence Electrons, Triumph Stag For Sale Texas, Leff's Lucky Town Urinal, Ryan Getzlaf Wife, Captain Walter Lux, Namrata Shirodkar Parents, Ibc Tote Dog House, Tesco Logo Font, 2 Controllers Dolphin, Le Vieux Du Bas Du Fleuve Boîte à Chanson,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.