my cat scratched me should i be worried reddit

Most infections usually occur after scratches from domestic or feral cats, especially kittens. Staphylococcus aureus is commonly found on the skin of humans and animals and is spread between humans and animals through touching, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). When clicking a link here and buying, we may be able to make a small commission, at no additional cost to you. If you have any sign of swelling, throbbing, heat radiating from the site, oozing, redness, any kind of inflammation spreading from the site, see a doctor for oral antibiotics right away. Of course, just as you can still love a person even if they do something wrong occasionally. Avoid handling wild or stray cats if at all possible. Okay, first of all, if this sort of question belongs in a different subreddit, kindly redirect me to a more suitable one and I will remove this post. And the second round of shots is a good idea. Apply a topical antibiotic like Betadine, Bacitracin or Neosporin and cover the wound with gauze and tape or loosely with a bandage to keep it clean. The only thing that works on my cat --a rescued semi feral--is positive reinforcement. Nice and thanks. Policy. Cats become infected with Bartonella (the bacteria that cause cat scratch disease) through flea bites or, less commonly, fights with other infected cats or feline blood transfusions.

Hi :) ... My cat's scratched and bit me loads of times and he's from outdoors and stuff, the puncture wombs will eventually go :) 0 0. I immediately washed it with an soap and water and put some antiseptic on it. No, No worries. Severe headaches, lightheadedness, or dizziness. Swollen lymph node in armpit and cat scratch on hand. Unsurprisingly, cat scratch disease is one of the possible results of a stray cat's scratch. Slow the bleeding with a clean cloth and apply over-the-counter antibiotic cream if you have it.

Annals of Emergency Medicine, 20(9);1991:973-979. I find being stern and saying no while not reacting works best. Only if your cat has rabies can you get it. I know his mom was a stray cat that someone took in, and that, according to that person, my cat has gotten his first set of shots, but he hasn't gotten his second. CORONAVIRUS: UPDATED VISITOR RESTRICTIONS, INCREASED SAFETY MEASURES + COVID-19 TESTING. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Do topical antibiotics improve wound healing? Always wash cat scratches well with warm water and soap.

Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 602,701 times. Was it a few drops of blood or was it pretty deep? About TheCatSite.com | Avoid rough play with cats and situations in which scratches are likely. Sometimes I pretend to cry when he bites me. Always seek medical attention for a cat scratch if the cat was unknown, the wound was deep, or you are immuno-compromised. I'd probably call my doctor, just to be on the safe side. 1 decade ago. They can coil around you alluringly — but they also can scratch, and bite. By using our site, you agree to our. Apply several butterfly bandages as necessary to close the edges of the wound together, which will facilitate proper and quick healing.

Should I go directly to the doctor after being scratched? Head to the doctor's to get it looked at. Before seeking treatment from a medical professional, you may want begin treatment at home. He holds a BS in Nutritional Science from Cornell University and an MD from the Temple University School of Medicine in 2007. Cats. The scratch will heal gradually over time, becoming lighter and lighter until it vanishes completely. A shallow wound that involves the uppermost layer of skin but involves minimal bleeding can be considered superficial. Immuno-compromised people are at higher risk of experiencing complications or even death from cat scratch fever. ", "Great article, educated us as to what to do after our new cat scratched us.

My cat is very very tame. Most cat scratches do not result in cat scratch disease, and short of cleaning the wound with soap and water, there is no particular action to take. Prescribe antibiotics, such as Augmentin, if there’s an infection concern. No, you do not need to see a doctor unless the scratch becomes infected. This comes from cats infected with Bartonella henselae bacteria from flea bites, blood transfusions or fighting with other infected cats. Cleveland Clinic © 1995-2020. Cat scratches can be pretty serious. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/8a\/Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/8a\/Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/aid352433-v4-728px-Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, Leading academic medical center in the U.S. focused on clinical care and research, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/86\/Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/86\/Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/aid352433-v4-728px-Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e3\/Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e3\/Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/aid352433-v4-728px-Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/d\/d1\/Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/d\/d1\/Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/aid352433-v4-728px-Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/5c\/Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/5c\/Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/aid352433-v4-728px-Deal-With-a-Cat-Scratch-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Main public health institute for the US, run by the Dept. Good luck. Linking to a non-federal website does not constitute an endorsement by CDC or any of its employees of the sponsors or the information and products presented on the website. and reward him with a treat. Thanks for the responses. He "gets" it, he really does. For more advice from our Medical co-author, like how to recognize complications caused by a cat scratch, scroll down! Treatment is not recommended unless your pet becomes sick. This will hurt, but animal scratches and bites need to be cleaned promptly and well. Infections can be severe, particularly for people with diabetes or those who are immunocompromised, and their infection risk is even greater. Clean the cut off just in case, but it’s normal for cats to accidentally scratch during cuddling.

TheCatSite.com participates in select affiliate advertising programs, including the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. While some cats become ill, most simply carry the bacteria in their blood without getting sick. For more advice from our Medical co-author, like how to recognize complications caused by a cat scratch, scroll down!

When these cats bite or scratch you, the clock starts to tick. Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. I'd add a "TL;DR" but I think the title pretty much sums this up. It’s not necessary to test or treat a healthy cat for Bartonella.

Wash the scratch thoroughly with water. Red and swollen is not a good thing. You may have contracted cat scratch disease.

Lou Junod Death, What Is Torrance Coombs Doing Now, Ken Jones Pastor, Got7 Net Worth, How To Remove Pull Down Blinds, Race Movie Online, Logitech Options Daemon Mac Remove, Herbalife Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shake Nutrition Facts, Ryujinx Save File Location, How Tall Is Lightfoot's Wife?, Yokohama Ad08rs Treadwear, Ironside Tv Show, Is Prestonplayz Dead, E7s Guide : Ffxiv, Slang For Truck, Sims 4 Computer Chip Cheat, Best Flea Treatment For Cats Reddit, Sara Sidner Spouse, 1967 Volvo 122s For Sale, Gregg Distributors Catalogue, Waps Cutoff Scores By Afsc 2018, Bowl Haircut Meme, The Wanderings Of Odysseus, Fast And Furious 7 Cars, Anas Rashid Net Worth, James Frecheville Wife, Diablo 2 Mephisto Quest Bug, Personality Self Assessment Essay, Arris Xb6 Overheating, William Murray Golf Clothing, Marion Dugan Wiki, What Happened To Ashley Elisa, Rummy 500 Rules, Tomb Of Annihilation Guides Stats, I Hate Bogans, Lightning Glass Sculptures For Sale, Anime Half Wolf Half Human, Sofa Covers Walmart Canada, Interface Sales Rep Locator, Como Activar La Cruz De Caravaca, Scale Drawing Worksheet Common Core Sheets, Peter Steele Albums, Helen Edward Scissorhands, Adam James Hellogoodbye Instagram, Is Elizabeth Macrae Still Alive, Oregon Tide Tables 2020, Danser Osu Bot, Leroy Bell Married, Chucky's Daughter Glenda, Shougo Yano Songs, Skip Engblom Death, Cecile Richards Net Worth, Peter Gunn Theme Tab, Kewpee Chili Recipe, Biggest Waves In Kauai, Little Town Teepee Instructions, Is Fitment Industries Legit Reddit, Maverick Club Logan Paul, Samsung The Frame 2019 Alternative, Why Is Anna Botting Not On Tv, How Tall Was Ilona Massey, Sharp Microwave Light Bulb Replacement, Best Swashbuckler Multiclass, Can You Use Dollar Store Glass Beads In A Fire Pit, Middle Names Generator, Polly Slang Meaning, Gender Bender Text Game, Blackhawk Chest Holster, Victor Williams Daughter, American Realism Essay, What Is Primo Schwartzie Dressing, When Will Legacies Season 2 Be On Dvd, Poop Emoji Mask, Pigeon River Dam Minnesota, Hex Bar Deadlift Vs Squat, Yaupon Holly For Sale, Swansea Town Folk Song Origin, Wayne Harris Columbine, Banachek Tv Show, Sans Undertale Quotes, Arn Anderson Wife, Open Bosch Washing Machine Door, Midland Gxt1000 Range, The Perfect Hope, The Orangery Redditch Halloween, Are Portuguese Latino, Jquery Hasclass Multiple, Minecraft Shaders Pe,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.