lisa gannon gymnastics

They join existing members Barbara Beedham, Sally Church, Dr Lisa Gannon and Tracey Singlehurst-Ward on the Board, which is chaired by Bev Smith. Joel Makin booked his place in the Qatar Classic quarter-finals with another convincing display. Our first game and win against Llysfaen was epic but my favourite game was the mudbath 4-4 draw against Eglwysbach. I also met my husband Mark, so I suppose Leeds Gymnastics can be blamed for that too! Dr Lisa Gannon Self employed sports presenter, academic and NED (Education) Welsh Gymnastics Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom Higher Education Education Director. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Photo: Ben Radford /Allsport. Going to watch my first Everton game when I was about 9. Urm it’s a tie between two.

I have always loved the artistic side of gymnastics and went on to choreograph most of the floors at my home gym club, Buckley (in North Wales) and many of the University gymnasts’ floor routines.

Alongside these events I worked as a senior lecturer on the sports science and physical education degrees at Leeds Met / Leeds Beckett University from 1995-2015 (with a short stint in Loughborough with the Youth Sports Trust), until completing my PhD in bone health. View Dr Lisa Gannon’s profile on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional community. She currently works at Leeds Trinity University and is an executive coach. Tumbling Gymnastics; TeamGym; Competitions; Clubs; News. COVID-19 Updates; Courses. She currently works at Leeds Trinity University and is an executive coach. Amidst all the misery being caused to Welsh sport by COVID-19 comes some good news at last for the Isle of Anglesey. She is also a prominent voice of the sport; presenting and commentating within the arenas of numerous global events, including the London 2012 and Rio 2016 Olympic Games. More importantly it has given me a multitude of life long friends and memories to cherish. Goalkeeper. They are not there to identify you personally. This website uses cookies. More Leeds gymnasts stories will be appearing here soon…. He has been involved in gymnastics for over 40 years and continues to go above and beyond to provide opportunities to the gymnasts in Newport Girls. Rhosnesni Netball Club... Coach Heidi Bakewell (back row - third from right) and Wales international Gwenan Williams (to Heidi's immediate right) with the championship-winning Pwllheli side North Wales... Get the latest grassroots sport news direct to your inbox. As I said, I was fortunate to secure a job with Leeds University (Medical Department) researching joint laxity in sports populations and patients. Non Stanford Overlooked By Great Britain For Tokyo Olympics, Wales Players Given Short, Sharp, Shock Therapy To Cure Five Defeats In A Row, Junior Hoilett Says 'Buzzing' Cardiff City Ready To Sting Bristol City, Joel Makin Serves Up French Lesson To Power Into Qatar Classic Last Eight, Swansea City's Steve Cooper Says: We Were Miles Better Than Brentford, Harry Wilson Adds The Fizz As Cardiff City Sizzle But Lee Tomlin Suffers Injury Set-Back, Elfyn Evans Aiming To Be Crowned Wales' First World Rally Champ In Style, Ryan Giggs Will Not Be Involved In Wales' Three November Internationals, Joel Makin Storms To Impressive Victory In Qatar Classic, Golf In Wales Ready To Take Advantage Of Current Pandemic As It Targets Prosperous Future, © 2020 Dai SportDesigned, built and hosted by SCL. We’re very proud of you! Our website uses cookies to give you the best possible experience. In any scenario people want to be surrounded by someone they can rely on, and help find solutions, particularly in stressful situations (like events!) We lost against Coventry but it really sparked my love for the game. I desperately wanted somewhere to train and had my sights set on the 1990 Auckland, New Zealand, Commonwealth Games. A – I was a gymnast at Leeds Gymnastics Club from 2008 to 2020. At the time he was keen to run a Yorkshire Open competition at Carnegie and asked if I would be the announcer! Elfyn Evans is planning on becoming Wales' first World Rally Champion in style in Italy next month. Position. Welsh Gymnastics have announced the appointment of three new non-executive directors (NEDs) to its board – with a fourth joining in January 2021. First football memory. To find out more about the cookies we use, click here. I had also passed my women’s coaching awards (WAG) in order to coach at my home club in my holidays and in the USA during summer 1990. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. The evening also included a raffle were all generously given contributions will be donated to the chosen charity of the evening, Velindre Cancer Centre. Within this period I also had 2 children! It included a school experience day, an international men’s competition and a gala evening with many past and present gymnasts and coaches from Leeds attending and / or taking part. They join existing members Barbara Beedham, Sally Church, Dr Lisa Gannon and Tracey Singlehurst-Ward on … Email Dr Lisa Gannon. I am currently a visiting lecturer at Leeds Trinity and I am delighted to be back coaching Women’s Artistic Gymnastics in Leeds. Course Information; Keeping safe .

Dean Williams, Christopher McLarnon and Mark Petherick have taken up roles as independent board members, with Melissa Anderson joining them early next year. A – After gymnastics, I accepted a role within a Cirque du Soleil touring show. My step dad and step brothers, virtually brainwashed as a kid and no turning back! Ivan Toney's 10th of the season gave the Bees the lead just before the break but Andre Ayew clinched a share of the spoils with an equaliser 12 minutes from time. These cookies do not store any personal information.

I did ballet until grade 5 until it clashed with my gymnastics training and had to choose. 29/01/88. Also remember there is no A, B, C in terms of people and their importance. I will always do my best to prepare as well as possible, act professionally, get on with everyone and thank others for help. A – I was a Gymnast at Leeds from 1990 until 2000 mainly at Carnegie but I did attend LAI several times also. Home» News» Welsh Gymnastics Awards 2019 » Top stories. Dr Lisa Gannon. Clybiau – amddiffyn plant; Information for welfare officers. Menna Samuels (Welsh and British Senior … – otherwise you may end up with the other 3 Ps ….. (I won’t spell these out!). Q – WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE APPARATUS AS A GYMNAST? Stanford, 31, who agonisingly missed out on a medal when she finished fourth at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in 2016, will now set her sights on competing for Wales at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. By the time I finished my course and began working as a research assistant at Leeds University, I had passed my pre-school award (thanks to Brenda Webster) and was coaching regularly at Kirkstall Leisure centre.

A – After my Gymnastics career, I started work as an acrobat in theatre shows like pantomimes, musicals and also circus shows. We are not affiliated, associated, authorised, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with City of Leeds Trampoline & Tumbling Club or Leeds Rebound Gymnastics Club ( in association with City of Leeds Trampoline & Tumbling Club). What unique achievement do the former Rhyl FC hold as their own ? I had several favourite apparatus, high bar, pommels, Pbars and Floor but everyone’s favourite is trampoline really! A – My favourite part of gymnastics was being able to throw myself about in all sorts of flips and twists. Most memorable game played in. Junior Hoilett says Cardiff City's 3-0 victory has given them the perfect platform for the Severnside derby with Bristol City. It was a fantastic period at the club and soon afterards we also celebrated the success of Dominic Brindle attending the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. To be honest they’re all just a blur and I’m amazed I save any at times! Looking after the welfare and development of gymnasts and coaches from community to elite performance level, whilst chairing the performance committee.

Attack On Titan Characters Ranked, Iron Ore Last Oasis, Viper Room Closing, Inxs Shabooh Shoobah Album Cover, Stan Kirsch Wife, Motorcycle Accident Wilmington, Ma, Forager Fairy Queen Disappeared, Chloe Eudaly Salary, Un Lugar Tranquilo 2 Pelicula Completa En Español Latino, Is Ebonie Smith Married?, The Lost Fleet Movie, How To Separate Cream From Homogenized Milk, Allah (swt Symbol), Spyderco Ark Kydex Sheath, Grimm Fairy Tale Villains, Iron Eagle 5x10 Magnum, Taranaki Ski Hire, Tamil Comprehension Passage For Grade 4, Accuracy Vs Control Cod, Bus 271 Ole Miss, Spurs Face Mask For Sale, Ottoman Empire And Vikings, Seven Samurai Gomovies, Travelers Season 1 Episode 7 Recap, The Promised Neverland Phil Theory, Asier Etxeandia Partner, Car Parking Multiplayer 2020, Max Torina Eye, Why Did Michael Scott Quit In Season 5, Gba Virtual Console 3ds Cia,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.