kappa hand sign

Of course not. I completely disagree with your relative.

You will be given the option of renaming the page. As a symbolic representation of Kappa Kappa Gamma, this hand sign is unnecessary to show our loyalty. It is our ritual and our official symbols, the owl, the golden key and the fleur-de-lis, that are a better representation of the women we are and the women we strive to be. Whoever wrote this needs to look elsewhere for problems to solve. From this perspective, it appears as if the writer was clearly biased in approaching this situation, making large assumptions based on one opinion of someone who is not a part of the Kappa community. If you don't like it, don't do it. Saying no will not stop you from seeing Etsy ads, but it may make them less relevant or more repetitive. Collections now are born from a redesign of classic tracksuits, sweatsuits, and retro sports styles that … Wow. As a PR professional, I get it. Does that mean we should go back on hundreds of years of history because someone might mistake the two somewhere? Unique Kappa Stickers designed and sold by artists. If there is going to be a decision this large being made, the members of this organization should be consulted first.
Those are the compelling photos we want to share with the world.

While I don't find your reasoning particularly compelling, I can understand why --based on the single point of view represented in the statement-- you would chose to err on the side of caution when posting on website or official social media sites. Shoot I have even taken a picture using the Kappa hand sign and I am 47! Someone may have said this already (I didn't go through all of the comments) but has anyone noticed that not all Kappas are caucation? It is sad to me that this is no longer possible and that we are not even allowed to throw up alternative hand signs such as the fleur. I explained to him that it’s a current trend among sororities to post photos with hand signs on social media, and asked for his thoughts on the concept. I welcome the new policy and I hope the active chapter understands that the symbol may be hurtful to some of its member and that there are many ways of representing a cohesive and supportive group without adopting symbols created by the lowest criminals or most intolerant in our society, hand symbols. Favorite Add to More colors Kappa Delta Graduation Stole - Customize With Your Colors, Letters, Crest AND Year! Looks like you already have an account! It's still just as irritating and terrible today as it was two years ago to feel like an organization that you gave so much time, effort, money, love, Sisterhood.... still has no idea what its members want. For years I have talked about this with others in the F/S community and was confused and sometimes upset by the use of hand signs by NPC sororities (of which I am a member, joined in 2003 and we never did hand signs at that time). I will, however, still "throw what I know" because I don't believe in ending a new and chapter-spanning tradition just because of your non-Kappa relative's interpretation of the hand symbol that has come to be a beacon of Kappa, especially for girls with friends in other chapters of Kappa. We are a society of collegiate women. I love my sorority, my sisters, and this hand sign is a way of expressing that. Or that the very concept of a hand sign may be associated by the general public as not a symbol of membership in a Greek organization, but in an organization that uses violent and intimidating tactics? I am an active alumna and this is quite honestly the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Set where you live, what language you speak, and the currency you use. T-shirts, stickers, wall art, home decor, and more featuring designs by independent artists.

I am a leader.

Because one person says our hand sign, when done **incorrectly**, MIGHT be similar to another group with a bad message, we have to eliminate the symbol? As an experiment, I sent him a photo I found online of two Kappas posing together while doing the hand sign.

Let them enjoy themselves. It represents our bond that no one outside of this organization can understand.

High quality Kappa Delta Hand Sign gifts and merchandise. Does it?! It is not the hand sign that makes these groups bad it is the violence, and last time I checked throwing a hand sign didn't make me want to become violent towards a member of another sorority. VIVA LA KAPPA :). Again, we always need to be mindful of interpretation, not just intention, when posting online or to social media sites. We've sent you an email to confirm your subscription. All orders are custom made and most ship worldwide within 24 hours. This was his response: “Do they resemble gang hand signs? Does this mean we should stop doing that sign also? Throw it proudly! The hand sign, unlike official Fraternity symbols, is something that has become popular in the past five years, and something about which Fraternity Council has had concerns for several years. Starting now, the Fraternity will no longer post any photos on our website or our official social media sites of members displaying this hand sign. Find Kappa Delta Hand Sign gifts and merchandise printed on quality products that are produced one at a time in socially responsible ways. Why would a group of strong women allow the negative connotation of "gang signs" dictate how we symbolically represent our sisterhood? So since this gang behavior is similar to our own we should ban that too, right? Why have we not posted on blogs about bettering Standards or making our Recruitment more values based or about chapters collaboratively working together? 5 out of 5 stars (28) 28 reviews $ 5.00. We are not a gang. I am a sister.
If written incorrectly, our letters could be misinterpreted as KKK, and we all know that that is a white supremacist group. Filed Under: Hazing News. Likewise, each day we receive via email photos of members proudly displaying this Kappa hand sign, and asking us to share them on the Fraternity’s official social media sites.

David Soul 2020, Battletech Flashpoint Succession, Donedeal Northern Ireland, Richard Elfman Net Worth, 3ds Emulator For Android, What Characteristics And Qualities Of Resilience Does Kurt Fearnley Show?, Bulk Garden Soil Near Me, Hotspots In Ghana, Aesthetic Oc Template Amino, Significado De Alce, Individual Steak Pie Tins, Jeff Wilson Longview, Joan Huntington Actress Wikipedia, Preserva Wood Cedar, Le Vieux Du Bas Du Fleuve Boîte à Chanson, Portmeirion Mantle Clock, How Old Is Susan Hogan, Silly Minecraft Skins, How To Wire 220 Air Conditioner, Sonic Advance 2 Unblocked, Similes For Smart, High Performance Rc Gliders, Foxhound Beagle Mix, Purple Smyrna Fig,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.