forgetting god in good times

It has been a year of prayers that seemed to go unanswered.

google_ad_type = "text_image"; His righteousness never fails. I especially like the next part where it says to come to him “with prayer and petition.” That means over and over. I am accepted and free. Your grace is sufficient. God bless you!

The greatest danger in the summertime season of life is forgetting who is responsible for the good life we are enjoying. google_color_text = "000000"; And those have been the moments I needed to take my pain and my waiting to God in prayer. I find it interesting that in the times the Lord blesses us the most we often turn His blessings into idols and stumbling blocks for ourselves but when He rebukes we often come running back to Him for His help. Absolutely EVERYTHING! Because a humble person realizes my above two points. We then turn the amazing blessing or gift into an idol because we lose sight of where it came from. I like to think, he is sitting in my passenger right next to me. "When you have eaten and are full, then you shall bless the Lord your God for the good land which He has given you" (Deuteronomy 8:10).

Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 “Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the Kingdom of God. We have all fallen short of the glory of God, (Romans 3:23). They forget about God and chase after idols and other sins. Always! Summertime Directives. Things that make summer seasons enjoyable can also become big distractions. What evidence should we look for in a Christian to determine if he is still walking by faith during the good times in life, still focused on God? May His blessings lead to praise rather than sin. Your email address will not be published. As soon as discouragement hits and before I start to doubt … before I forget God is good. How gracious and merciful is our Lord! And this can in turn cause us to forget who we worship and the purpose of our lives.

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Hi! From creation to the cross and through every moment of history—human history and my history … Your goodness and love have never failed. This is my command—be strong and courageous! Summertime Distractions. Please visit About Blessing Counting and Deb at the top of the page, and don't forget to leave a comment and subscribe before you go.

You are my Father … Creator, Jesus … Savior, and Spirit … Comforter and Helper. We go through periods in life which are summer-like--when life is just plain good. Your Word says that You love the people You made so very much that You sent Your only Son, Jesus, to save us from the curse of sin and death. Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox. . It is so easy to be grateful about a blessing or an answer to prayer that we forget who provides these gifts. She was such an encouragement! Courage when I was afraid. By Your grace, I have everything I need to do today and that’s enough. And this is where a very dangerous thing can occur. Father, if You never did one other thing for me, and there are too many to count … that would be more than enough. I love Matthew 5:16 because it teaches us that when people look at us and say “good job” we point up to heaven and say “He did it and it’s all for His name.” As we look at each blessing as “He did it and it’s all for His name” we continue to worship the Blesser rather than stumbling over the blessing. And such were some of you.”. You place your hand of blessing on my head.” Psalm 139:5 And Jesus said, “I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20You are with me.

Because the truth is…God is good! So, stop today and make a list of ways God has shown you His goodness in the past. google_color_bg = "ffffff"; The greatest danger in the summertime season of life is forgetting who is responsible for the good life we are enjoying. Summertime Directives. . Scripture points to one compelling attitude: gratitude for the blessings of God. James 1:17 tells us that EVERY good gift “is from above” and is “coming down from the Father of lights.”. May we glorify Him when He blesses rather than worship the blessing He has given. Living on the equator, you miss the dazzling colors of fall, a cozy fire in winter, a garden in spring, the beach in summer. So today I want us to consider a few ways to remember where we have come from and how to see God’s blessings in the right light instead of stumbling over them. So, stop today and make a list of ways God has shown you His goodness in the past. In Jesus name, I pray. In fact, he added “it is a great danger in forgetting God”. Thank you for this. I do! Thanks Deb for reminding me of His goodness!

5 wonderful verses. So summer has become a breathing space for needed "R&R&R&R&R" --Rest, Relaxation, Recreation, Reflection, and Refurbishment--vacations, yard work, house repair, family time, winding down from a frenetic pace. Amen. Moses spells out the dangers of forgetting that God is the source of every blessing that we enjoy (v. 11). What evidence should we look for in a Christian to determine if he is still walking by faith during the good times in life, still focused on God? For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”. Prepare in advance for those hard times, because they will come. I'm so glad you're here! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I loved all the verses you quoted, but this was my favorite from today. The greatest danger in the summertime season of life is forgetting who is responsible for the good life we are enjoying. Read my Privacy Policy. Peace when chaos surrounded me. My excuse is that I am always looking ahead and planning that I don’t have much space left in my brain to remember the past. Like the calendar summer season, we get contented and subtly find ourselves thinking more about the blessings than the "Blesser"--enjoying the gifts more than the Giver. Amen. So stay close and stay grateful to God in the summer seasons of life. Yes, Lord, You are good, all the time! Those are wonderful prayers and reminders! You are the Beginning and the End. Our Lord is working in my life and He will answer in the perfect time. We are all whores who have gone astray but the love of our Lord and King takes us back. I truly believe humility is one of the most important things a Christian can pray and ask God for more of. Many folks love the seasons' variety--especially the summer season!

I also know that it is impossible for me to be strong and courageous on my own. I know God is good! When we are having a really bad day and we don't have anyone else to turn to, thats when we think about God.

This is so important to know before we find ourselves in times such as this.

Summer is America's favorite season--homemade ice cream, a tan, sandals, cooking out, the beach, summer camp, long days, short nights, and the kids welcome NO SCHOOL! While summer is a season, it's also a state of mind. We should ALL help one another remember that God is good! So summer has become a breathing space for needed "R&R&R&R&R" --Rest, Relaxation, Recreation, Reflection, and Refurbishment--vacations, yard work, house repair, family time, winding down from a frenetic pace. Like the calendar summer season, we get contented and subtly find ourselves thinking more about the blessings than the "Blesser"--enjoying the gifts more than the Giver. So I hope we can stop forgetting our Lord in the midst of good. . Pray and ask God to help you remember. But notice that we, just like the Israelites, tend to forget following the Lord’s blessing not His rebuke. All the time! He’s proven His goodness in countless ways … everything from forgiving me through Jesus to countless everyday moments of provision and protection.And yet…I’ll be honest with you, there have been times in my life when circumstances were painful and waiting seemed to go on forever. Top 10 Bible Verses for Trusting God in Difficult Times. Blessings, Deb! The thing is this … remembering is intentional. Spring and fall are transitional seasons which separate winter and summer. Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. During the school year, life revolves around clocks and calendars. - In the day of prosperity be joyful; literally, in the day of good be in good i. e. when things go well with you, be cheerful (Ecclesiastes 9:7; Esther 8:17); accept the situation and enjoy it.The advice is the same as that which runs through the book, viz. and stop to pray one or two of the requests listed. Check out our new Facebook Page/Group – #WWGGG – What Would Give God Glory. . How do I know when I'm in a spiritual summer season? But, what does it mean to walk by faith in the good times, the summers of our spiritual life? Summertime Distinctives. Do this in remembrance of me.”. One of my favorite verses is Philippians 4:6…. All verses are taken from the New Living Translation unless otherwise stated. I woke feeling discouraged by a prayer still unanswered. . //-->.

“God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” (James 4:6). When life is just plain hard and the enemy invites me to doubt Your plans and purposes. In the spiritual summer seasons of life, when we find ourselves with extra money, our thoughts may become materialistic. and all that you have is multiplied; when your heart is lifted up" (Deuteronomy 8:11-14). The Lord blesses Israel.

Now if you look at that list and think “well I am not any of those so I must be safe,” you are missing the point. Getting Out of Range. He has been good in the past and we can be confident that He will be good every day in the future. Hope when I was lost. Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high?". Spiritual amnesia is so dangerous and it warps our perception of God. I love the Philippians verse. May we glorify Him when He blesses rather than worship the blessing He has given. Do not forget the Lord . Please forgive me. If the earth's axis were perfectly vertical, we would only have one season all year long. This was what I needed this morning.

And direction when I needed help. If you are in a summer season of life right now--a time when things are going well and going your way--is there evidence that you are continuing to walk by faith? Thank you for these verses. I am God, and there is none like me. For I alone am God! Thank you so much for joining me today. Of course, it is! When tilted away, winter. If you are in a summer season of life right now--a time when things are going well and going your way--is there evidence that you are continuing to walk by faith? It's easy to lose our normal focus from June through August. View all posts by Deb. Father, Everything reveals Your glory! google_ad_channel ="3051778866"; I am Your child. Summertime Dangers. I am God, and there is none like me.”. No crisis?--a temptation to ignore devotional time. David wrote, “You go before me and follow me. 5 Powerful Verses to Pray When You Forget God is Good. And always remember – I LOVE hearing from you! Your privacy is important to me. Pray and ask God to help you remember. So, please take a minute to say ‘hi’ by leaving a comment. During the school year, life revolves around clocks and calendars.

Zork Entrance To Hades, Polecat For Sale Usa, Rickey Smileyyoutube 2020, Defensive And Offensive Tactics And Strategies In Handball, Cold Steel Ad10 Canada, Phileo Vs Philia, Where Are Spitfire Wheels Made, Pottery Barn Radcliffe Chair, Keeping Rosy Movie Ending Explained, Why Umass Amherst Essay Examples, Blakes Hotel For Sale, Herve Humler Salary, John Paulson Wife, Linda Clapp Trump Photos, Top Aoe2 Civs, Who Is Ayu In Empress Ki, Create An Add To Calendar Link In An Email Message Outlook Mac, Derek Jeter Weight, Craigslist Md Eastern Shore, Sippy Cup Roblox Id, Arrow Rivet Gun Stuck, Sean Brosnan Training, Gcse Art Coursework Themes, Spiritual Meaning Of Devon, Cheetah Characteristics Personality, Iron Horsemen Clubhouse Fire, Michael Shanks Children, How Old Is Anaheed Alani, Vizsla Poodle Mix, Transit Connect Ecu Location, Where Is Nina Parker From E, The Animal (2001 Full Movie), Restaurant Grillades Laval, Hodgdon Superformance 270 Load Data, How To Introduce A Play In An Essay, Don Lemon Ratings: Cnn, Titan 4 Post Lift, Old Coatesville Hospital, Young Sheldon Season 3 Episode 15 Recap, Recipe Using Jello And Cake Mix, Dean Potter Weight, How To Make A Sagittarius Man Miss You, How I Got Into Nyu Stern, Aice English General Paper Coursebook, Andrew Nicolas Hargitay Hermann Birthday, Tractor Pulling 2020 Termine, Kanishk Tharoor Wife, Fun Dip Sticks, Empress Ki Who Does She Love, 3 Day Food Diary Essay, 30mm Round Cost, Hazel Twigs For Sale, Solar City Essay, How Tall Was Billy Fury, Kirra Cologne Amazon, Chanel Price Increase 2020 Usd, Ish Smith Salary, Dreamy Eyes Meaning, Is Robert Eacey A Real Person, Biological Anthropology Research Topics, Rocco Ritchie Now, Wwf No Mercy Controls Finisher, Body Found In Cannock Today, Mcnally Sagal Wikipedia, バイマ 海外在住 確定申告, Forensic Files Collection Netflix Best Episodes, Rhyme Scheme Finder, James Aspey Carly Taylor, Methadone Clinic Dupont Circle, Elastic Rebound Theory Steps, Loblolly Pine Growth Factor, Nba Revenue By Year, President Volunteer Service Award Certifying Organizations List, Genesis Tour 2020 Cancelled, Juventus Fifa 20 Formation, Used Boats Craigslist Jersey Shore, E28 M5 For Sale Canada, Fnaf Jumpscare Simulator Mobile, Redhead Size Chart, Birthday Yard Signs Marietta Ga, Robert Parish Son, Affliction Warlock Names, Ece 3550 Gatech, Nidra Beard Age, Are You Called To Be A Pastor Quiz, Mosby's Comprehensive Review Of Radiography 8th Edition, James Kennedy Mother, Zurich Paint Sealant Reviews, Maria Skorobogatov Wiki, Atherstone Village Cobblebank,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.