cole name meaning

just so harsh and smelly. Greek Baby Names Meaning: In Greek Baby Names the meaning of the name Cole is: People's victory. The #1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth. There are 1 million census records available for the last name Cole. Scottish and Irish: when not of English origin, this is a reduced and altered form of McCool.

Cole also happens to be a pet form of the name Nicholas.

Alternatively, Cole could also come from or the Old Norse cognate Koli a short form of names which begin with the element Kol-, itself from the Norse kolr “coal”. Cole will be a strong name potential if I ever have a son-if not THE name.

The Cole family name was found in the USA, the UK, Canada, and Scotland between 1840 and 1920. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. The surname Cole was first found in south west England.

Great Nicknames Shorten Classic Favorites. Use census records and voter lists to see where families with the Cole surname lived. Cole has been a top baby name choice for boys since the 1990s. Other variants, like Colas, are seldom used. Also used as a short form of Nicholas and names beginning with Cole-. Old King Cole -- which refers to a real British king -- … Colis, Also form of Colin. Coleman,

Short form of Nicholas, I think.

It's short, simple (easy to write, easy to remember) attractive, masculine & handsome. He comes on quiet, sweet, and slow, like summer rain.

Cole Surname Definition: This surname is derived from the name of an ancestor. A short lifespan might also indicate health problems that were once prevalent in your family. 16% of Cole men worked as a Laborer and 6% of Cole women worked as a Maid. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. C ole as a boys' name (also used less commonly as girls' name Cole) is pronounced kohl.It is of Middle English and Old French origin, and the meaning of Cole is "swarthy, coal-black, charcoal".Surname derived from a medieval given name.

What does Cole mean? Nicknames for Cole. (2018 BIRTH STATISTICS).

English: from a Middle English pet form of Nicholas. (2000 U.S. CENSUS), Cole reached its peak position of #69 in the U.S. in 2003, and is presently at #118. All Things Baby Names  Contact | Privacy Policy  | Term of use. See the popularity of the boy's name Cole over time, plus its meaning, origin, common sibling names, and more in BabyCenter's Baby Names tool. I love this name! These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Cole.

The Cole family originated in Cornwall, South West England. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Cole as a boys' name (also used less commonly as girls' name Cole) is pronounced kohl. Variations.

Kohl, This was about 26% of all the recorded Cole's in the USA.

Colbert, Coley, Colin (#249 THE PREVIOUS YEAR), Collin (#362), Colson (#640), Nicholas (#74) and Nils are the popular related forms of Cole (#118) rated in the Top 2000.

The most Cole families were found in the USA in 1880. Nicknames for Cole. In New England, Cole is a translation of the French surname Charbonneau.

Simply start with a family member and we'll do the searching for you. My younger brother is called Cole but I personally prefer the 'Kol' spelling, I don't like it either. As a given name, it is linked with the songwriter-composer Cole Porter (20th century).

Its first appearance Find all the relevant details about the meaning, origin, lucky number and religion is available in this page.

Its popularity peaked in 2003, but it's still quite common. ASSOCIATED WITH surname, medieval, 20th century (modern), OTHER FORMS VIA NICHOLAS Claes, Colas, Colet, Colin▼, Collin▼, Nils, Cole is a somewhat popular first name for men (#682 out of 1220, Top 56%) and an even more popular last name for both adults and children (#116 out of 150436, Top 1%).

COLE. C ole as a girls' name (also used more generally as boys' name Cole) has its root in Greek, and the name Cole means "people of victory". and the other was named Kevin. Cole is a name that has several sources. In Greek Baby Names the meaning of the name Cole is: People's victory. English: from a Middle English personal name derived from the Old English byname Cola (from col ‘(char)coal’, presumably denoting someone of swarthy appearance), or the Old Norse cognate Koli. It's very pretty and simple, for a boy or a girl. Makes me think of what misbehaving children get in their Christmas stockings: lumps of COLE :(. makes me think of Coca Cola,and I don't like coca cola.Not bad name though.

Most notably, used in Britain as a surname, from Middle English col. Cole may also be the Americanized spelling of the German name “Kohl”, or of the Scottish and Irish name “McCool”.

Some less common occupations for Americans named Cole were Truck Driver and Housekeeper, View Census data for Cole | Data not to scale. I immediately think of lumps of coal when I hear it. Probably an Americanized spelling of German Kohl. Colby,

I think this is a very strong and masculine name. Also used as a short form of Nicholas and names beginning with Cole-. STARTS WITH Co-ASSOCIATED WITH greek, victory.

How Many Viewers Do You Need To Make Money On Twitch, Ufa Meaning Samoan, Lauren Chapin Website, Bubble 意味 スラング, Rift Best Classes, Annie Laurie Piano, Walther Ppq Q5 Match, Secret Puzzle Box Hobby Lobby, Homemade Hog Trap Designs, Goodman Warehouse Bedford, Gladys Langdon Alaska, Dallas Stars Jersey Font, Mario Cimarro Wife, Exotic Animal Auction Prices, Netu Tv Site, Classic Car Vin Check 13 Characters, Nabisco Product Locator, Stink Bug Cocoon, Protein Absorbance At 340 Nm, Second Hand Muuto, Platypus Vs Otter, Monzo Receive International Payments, Ate Too Much Salt Tongue, Clear Quartz Crystal Balls For Gazing, Ghulam Definition Ap World History, Can You Use The Same Cutting Board For Meat And Vegetables, What Is The Theme Of Pigeon Impossible, Erika Koike Instagram, Mission Mountains Closure, Dwarf Willow Bush, What Cosmetic Companies Use Foreskin, Ken Kirzinger Weight, Nfl Average Offensive Possessions Per Game, Florida Bernedoodle Breeders, Davide Ancelotti Wikipedia, Guinea Pig Seizures, Dutch Republic Ap Euro, Someday Chords Zombies, Kissanime Apk Firestick, Savage 64 Bullpup Conversion, Grasshopper Join Multiple Surfaces, Apply Texas Essays, Lowell Sun Police Log January 2020, Backpack Wholesale Los Angeles, Claudia Heffner Peltz Children, San Diego 22434, Fake Samsung S10 Plus, Jackie Shroff Mother, King Moonracer Ornament, Strange Journey Redux Fusion Chart, Lotus 25 Kit Car, Primark Health And Safety Test Answers, Jojo Virtual Piano, Marijana Veljovic Twitter, Nfl Weather Database, Mulan (1998 Full Movie Dailymotion), Kelsey Chow And William Moseley 2020, Torino Brush Wholesale, Is Gamersgate Safe, Motorcycle Accident Aurora, Co Today, Funny Bones Song Leg Bone Connected, Carolina Beach Nc Head Boats, Is Eel Halal, Rabbit Meat Prices 2020, Personal Essay On Autism, Green Giant Angelfish For Sale, Brandon Gomes Net Worth, Chinotto Soda Recipe, Combat De Boxe Ce Soir à Quelle Heure, Creepy Circus Music,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.