bedrock sandals canada

Co-founders Dan Opalacz and Nick Pence, both employed in the outdoors industry, led “adventurous minimalist lifestyles,” and wanted a sandal to match. Cons: Two words: toe socks. These sizes run quite small. 64.7k Followers, 1,555 Following, 2,097 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Bedrock Sandals (@bedrocksandals) Though the merino wool blend injinji toe socks Bedrock sells are the least nerdy model I’ve ever seen, they’re less warm than my preferred bulky, uber-warm camp sock. New for 2018: an anatomical arch will take Bedrock next level. Kootenay Mountain Culture Magazine goes road-tripping in our backyard to discover the best trails and ales. For more performance grip in wet + slippery terrain consider the Cairn Pro lineup.

LOVE these sandals so much so far.

Our industry-leading designs and unparalleled field testing let you tread light and secure, from mountain tops to river bottoms. I didn’t think they ran as small as other reviewers thought. V1L 5E6 Here’s What To Know Before You Go. Gear up with everything from our original split-toe socks to multi-functional headwear. Gear up with everything from our original split-toe socks to multi-functional headwear. Our Rock Solid WarrantyAdventure tested and built to last, we proudly stand behind our footwear 100%. Contact Us Hailing from Richmond, California, Bedrock launched in 2011 with a successful Kickstarter bid. Follow these instructions to take care of your Bedrocks and maximize their life-span: The Cairn Custom Sole: Minimalist, Packable, Durable.

There are people that like to hike distances in sandals; I am not one of them, but a lot of those people seem to love Bedrocks for this purpose).

Their design theory can be boiled down to their stated goal of harnessing “our natural human-inherited flow of movement” in the simplest way possible. They now make three shoes, all variations on the same theme, with the huarache-inspired toe-thong design. Though Chacos probably take the cake on customizable fit, thanks to the famous single-strap system, there is enough to fiddle with on the Bedrocks that I found a bomber fit, and it’s definitely more snug and secure than Tevas. (Compare 23 mm with 50 mm at the arch for the same Chaco Z/2 sandal.) Whitewater? Equal parts big adventure and simple living: We make premium quality sandals that let you go further and live freer. Shop Our Award Winning Sandals. Send your sandals back to the factory in California, and they’ll tack your old straps onto a new sole unit, or replace your straps, and ship ‘er back. Very helpful, and I am in love with my new sandals. I primarily use sandals in the backcountry during river fords and at camp. When compared to more direct competitors, like the minimalist LUNA, also with a Vibram sole, the Cairn seems to be more adjustable and rugged. Meet your new sole mate, the Cairn Pro II.

The Cairn is USA Assembled of Domestic and Foreign Parts. With its exclusive strap system and Vibram® sole, Cairn continues to deliver on big mountain climbs, bike tours, or just kicking around town. I wear these sandals out rock climbing, and hiking all the time. If you’re proud to be repairing worn gear instead of sending it to the landfill, they’ll also sew a very cool RE-SOUL patch over the Bedrock brand label. Go STANDARD with our all-around Vibram® Regolith lug, Often Wet?

Ready to Bedrock? 313 Innes Street, Vibram® XS Trek Regolith Outsole: Lightweight, long-lasting, and re-soulable. Subscribe to our infrequent + awesome newsletter and be first to hear about new products, sales, and company happenings! Two words: toe socks. Some Bedrockers find our sizes run slightly small, especially in our smallest sizes. Fax: 250-352-5009, Copyright © 2020 Mountain Culture Group | Privacy Policy, Website Design and Development by Simon de la Salle. I think I was not prepared for how minimalist the cairn experience was really going to be and unwilling to live through a possibly lengthy period of getting used to the absence of support or cushioning. Highly recommend! The price point is comparable to Chacos; the Teva original goes for about half. When I need to slip sandals into my backpack, for crossing rushing rivers and crushing camp time on summery nights, the Cairn Adventure will henceforth be my go-to.

The lifts are moving, the trails are groomed, and the wildflowers are just starting to bloom. Though the merino wool blend injinji toe socks Bedrock sells are the least nerdy model I’ve ever seen, they’re less warm than my preferred bulky, uber-warm camp sock. We broke the mold on “freedom footwear” with our award-winning Cairn design. Read More... Unsure if that blazing night light was a UFO? Meet your new sole mate, the Cairn Pro II. I’d say the Bedrock, as a relative newcomer, is a solid contender in the outdoor-sandal ring. Minimalist footbed conforms to your feet for superior ground feel, flexibility, and packability. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too! But the company also offers a really neat repair program, Re-Soul.

Proudly plastic-free, using 100% recycled cardboard, and printed with Algae Ink. (Putting its money where its mouth is, Bedrock also donates 1 percent of your purchase to environmental non-profits.). The Vibram sole is light, yet the outsole is heavy duty and has an aggressive tread for reliable traction. Probably a half size off on the small side at most..

Less is more when you wander in our most minimal sandals. Go STANDARD with our all-around Vibram® Regolith lug; Often Wet? NEW plug-less toe post and aluminum hardware for next-level durability. The equation is simple: to get lighter, the Bedrock has a thinner sole. Mud? Though Chacos probably take the cake on customizable fit, thanks to the famous single-strap system, there is enough to fiddle with on the Bedrocks that I found a bomber fit, and it’s definitely more snug and secure than Tevas. Exploring New Singletrack and Breweries From Kootenay Lake to Rossland, Great Balls Of Fire: A Look At Famous BC Meteorites, New 5.10a Rock Climb In the Valhallas Is 10 Pitches Long, Help Save Cottonwood Lake and Win a Season’s Pass to Whitewater, Sun Peaks Resort is Open! Equal parts big adventure and simple living, Bedrock Sandals® are freedom footwear for the great outdoors.

company has the best customer service, and best products to boot! Our industry-leading designs and unparalleled field testing let you tread light and secure, from mountain tops to river bottoms. Often Dry? Both sandals perform great, but you just have to choose if you value weight or sole thickness more. I‘ve long been Team Teva, and Northwest Montana, where I live, is solid Chaco Country. 224 talking about this. According to the online reviews, scores of Chacos converts are going bananas for the Carin Adventure, and its burlier friend, the Adventure PRO. Mud? 1% For the Planet: We proudly donate 1% of your purchase to environmental non-profits. Go PRO, with ultra-sticky Vibram® Megagrip in non-marking grey. Our most durable Vibram® outsole compound, best for grip in Dry conditions. Our industry-leading designs help you securely move from mountain tops to river bottoms, and everywhere in between. I thought my cairns were well-built, grippy and stylish. Phone: 250-352-5024

I‘ve long been Team Teva, and Northwest Montana, where I live, is solid Chaco Country. 2011 - Nick and Dan launch the Bedrock Kickstarter and start building our classic sandals out of a cabin in Northern California.. 2012 - We set up shop in Nick's home town garage in Virginia while refining our designs and manufacturing.. 2014 - Bedrock moves back to the west coast and we operate out of a fort we built within a warehouse in Oakland, CA. Your input is very much appreciated. Bedrock’s patent-pending strap system includes a corded-toe strap and three adjustment zones. From big adventures to easy-livin’, Bedrock Sandals are built to free your outdoor soul. From crag to campfire, Cairn is the modern adventure sandal. Nelson, BC Subscribe to our infrequent + awesome newsletter and be first to hear about new products, sales, and company happenings!

Whitewater? Premium Quality: We spent years sourcing the best materials in the world, so you can spend maximum time enjoying the outdoors. Our durable designs are re-soleable and repairable, letting you tread further with a cleaner footprint. From big adventures to easy-livin’, Bedrock Sandals are built to free your outdoor soul. Giddy up. However, I returned them and went back to Tevas because the cairns felt like they transmitted the shock of every step directly into my foot. I’m a convert, too. size 9/10 is equivalent to size 9 for men, and size 10 for women.) View/Download/Print our Cairn Sandals Sole Templates.

Here's why you should visit Sun Read More... KMC Magazine I’d say the Bedrock, as a relative newcomer, is. From crag to campfire, Cairn is the modern adventure sandal. Often Dry? All Cairn Sandals are made with 100% vegan materials and construction. When compared to more direct competitors, like the minimalist LUNA, also with a Vibram sole, the Cairn seems to be more adjustable and rugged. From our roots in river conservation to our mission of defining the modern adventure sandal, the Bedrock story continues to evolve. Go PRO, with ultra-sticky Vibram® Megagrip in non-marking grey; Ultra-grippy, exclusive REGOLITH Bedrock x Vibram® outsole. Bedrock’s patent-pending strap system includes a corded-toe strap and three adjustment zones. NEW plug-less toe post and aluminum hardware for next-level durability. Our sizing is unisex (e.g. All Cairn Sandals are made with 100% vegan materials and construction. Copper, black, jasper, light denim, river runner, charcoal, trail blazer (with new, patterned colors to debut in 2018), Vibram outsole, polyester and nylon webbing upper, metal and acetal plastic hardware, US military-grade Velcro, Slaycation! Finally, I really like the style— the plain colors feel old school, and it’s simple, per brand philosophy. Less is more when you wander in our most minimal sandals. Our Rock Solid WarrantyAdventure tested and built to last, we proudly stand behind our footwear 100%. I took these along on backpacking trips in Northwest Montana and in Upstate New York state’s Adirondack Park this late summer and fall.

Ni No Kuni Familiar Tier List, N52 Turbo Kit, Untold Story Of Female Artists During The Renaissance, Catfish And The Bottlemen Tour 2020, Exxonmobil Self Serve Login, Does Sling Tv Have Ion Channel, Logan City Council Boundary Setbacks, Eagle Claw Ec2 5 Combo, Michelle Wolf Married, How Long Do You Have To Return Your Spectrum Equipment, Phileo Vs Philia, Dehumidifier Cancer Warning, 2012 Ford Fusion Evaporator Temperature Sensor Bypass, Stitch Face Svg, Do Owls Have Knees, Four Seasons Promo Code Reddit, 2017 Nissan Sentra Transmission Fluid Capacity, Jqbx No Sound, Ada Cecelia Pfautz, Praying Mantis Dying, Who Killed Hae Min Lee 2020,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.