and he shall smite the wicked bible verse

Isaiah 1:17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

The life-giving Spirit of. But with righteousness He will judge the poor, And decide with fairness for the humble of the earth; And He will strike the earth with the rod of His mouth, And with the breath of His lips He will slay the wicked. He will judge the poor honestly. Jeremiah 5:28 They are waxen fat, they shine: yea, they overpass the deeds of the wicked: they judge not the cause, the cause of the fatherless, yet they prosper; and the right of the needy do they not judge.

He will make fair decisions for the humble people on earth.

At his command evil people will be punished. He will strike the land with a rod from his mouth and slay the wicked with a breath from his lips. Grotius interprets this, ‹by his prayers,‘ referring it to Hezekiah, and to the influence of his prayers in destroying the Assyrians. He shall not judge by what his eyes see, or decide disputes by what his ears hear, but with righteousness he shall judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth; and he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall kill the wicked. His word would be so just, impartial, and authoritative, that the effect would be to overwhelm the wicked. Perhaps it is intended to be implied, that the earth, when he should come, would be eminently depraved; which was the fact. .--The "earth" stands here, if we accept the reading, for the rulers who are for the time supreme in it. American Standard VersionARRAY(0x5610ba6c9e98), Bible in Basic EnglishARRAY(0x5610ba6ce858), The Bishop's Bible (1568)ARRAY(0x5610ba6ce168), Brenton Translaton of the Septuagint (LXX)ARRAY(0x5610ba6ce348), English Revised VersionARRAY(0x5610ba6c9a90), Contemporary English VersionARRAY(0x5610ba6c98b0), The Complete Jewish BibleARRAY(0x5610ba6c9718), English Standard VersionARRAY(0x5610ba6c91d8), The Geneva Bible (1587)ARRAY(0x5610ba6c4290), George Lamsa Translation of the PeshittaARRAY(0x5610ba6c40b0), Good News TranslationARRAY(0x5610ba6c3ed0), Holman Christian StandardARRAY(0x5610ba6c3cf0), Hebrew Names VersionARRAY(0x5610ba6c3b10), King James Version (1611)ARRAY(0x5610ba6c3750), J.P. Green Literal TranslationARRAY(0x5610ba6be598), Miles Coverdale Bible (1535)ARRAY(0x5610ba6be3b8), New American Standard VersionARRAY(0x5610ba6be190), New International VersionARRAY(0x5610ba6bdd88), New Revised StandardARRAY(0x5610ba6b88a0), The Emphasised BibleARRAY(0x5610ba6b86c0), Revised Standard VersionARRAY(0x5610ba6b8300), Updated Bible Version 1.9ARRAY(0x5610ba6b8120), The Wycliffe Bible (1395)ARRAY(0x5610ba6b7b80), Young's Literal TranslationARRAY(0x5610ba6b2c38), Lexham English BibleARRAY(0x5610ba6b2878). He chose his disciples from among the poor; he condescended to be their companion and friend; he provided for their needs; and he pronounced their condition blessed; Matthew 5:3.

But with righteousness He shall judge the poor, And decide with equity for the meek of the earth; He shall strike the earth with the rod of His mouth, And with the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked.

Goodness and fairness will be like a belt he wears around his waist.

Add to this, that the blast of his mouth is perfectly parallel to the breath of his lips in the next line. The envy also of E´phra-im shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: E´phra-im shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex E´phra-im.

But with righteousness shall he judge the poor and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth; and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the spirit of his lips he shall slay the wicked. Proverbs 31:8,9 Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction….

I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and the wicked will be killed with the breath of his lips. So in Revelation 1:16, "a sharp two-edged sword" comes forth from the mouth of the Christ of St. John's vision. - “Castell.”. And if he smite him with throwing a stone, wherewith he may die, and he die, he is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death. the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea. He’ll be completely fair when he makes decisions about poor people. This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
Bless, LORD, his substance, and accept the work of his hands: smite through the loins of them that rise against him, and of them that hate him, that they rise not again. He will strike the land with a scepter from his mouth, and he will kill the wicked with a command from his lips.

He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked. but with righteousness he shall judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth; he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall kill the wicked.

4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments. ,"has a parallel in Hosea 6:5. He will strike the violent with the rod of his mouth; by the breath of his lips he will kill the wicked.

He will judge the poor justly.

And if thou refuse to let [them] go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs: And the LORD said unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch out thy rod, and smite the dust of the land, that it may become lice throughout all the land of Egypt. With nothing more than the breath of His mouth, He will destroy evil.
And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious. He will rule against the wicked and destroy them with the breath of his mouth. . But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

A slight alteration of the Hebrew gives shall smite the tyrant, which forms a better parallelism with the "ungodly" of the next clause. At his command the people will be punished, and evil persons will die. If he decides people should be beaten, he will give the command, and they will be beaten. Deliver me, I pray thee, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau: for I fear him, lest he will come and smite me, [and] the mother with the children.

but he will judge the poor with righteousness, and decide with equity for the humble of the earth. With the rod of his mouth - The word שׁבט shêbet rendered here ‹rod,‘ denotes properly a stick, or staff; a rod for chastisement or correction Proverbs 10:13; Proverbs 13:24; Job 9:34; Job 21:9; the staff, or scepter of a ruler - as an emblem of office; a measuring rod; a spear, etc. Amos 3:11 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; An adversary there shall be even round about the land; and he shall bring down thy strength from thee, and thy palaces shall be spoiled. Psalm 110:2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. There may be a reference here to the poor in spirit - the humble, the penitent; but the main idea is, that he would not be influenced by any undue regard for the higher ranks of life, but would be the friend and patron of the poor. He will defend the poor and the exploited. Finding the new version too difficult to understand? He will rule against the wicked who oppress them. The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. Come now therefore, I pray thee, curse me this people; for they [are] too mighty for me: peradventure I shall prevail, [that] we may smite them, and [that] I may drive them out of the land: for I wot that he whom thou blessest [is] blessed, and he whom thou cursest is cursed. . Shall he judge the poor - That is, he shall see that impartial justice is done them; he shall not take part with the rich against the poor, but shall show that he is the friend of justice.

‹The breath of his lips‘ means that which goes forth from his lips - his doctrines, his commands, his decisions. 4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments. 5 # Eph 6.14. But if any man hate his neighbour, and lie in wait for him, and rise up against him, and smite him mortally that he die, and fleeth into one of these cities: And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish. The poor and the needy will be treated with fairness and with justice.

He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and order the wicked to be executed. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the. With righteousness shall he judge the poor, The rod of his mouth... the breath of his lips, Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers, OT Prophets: Isaiah 11:4 But with righteousness he will judge (Isa Isi Is) Christian Bible Study Resources, Dictionary, Concordance and Search Tools.

And said, If Esau come to the one company, and smite it, then the other company which is left shall escape. The characteristic here is that of an upright judge or prince, who would punish the wicked. He will strike the land with the rod of His mouth, and with the breath of His lips He will slay the wicked. And there shall be a highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.

but with righteousness he shall judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth; and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall slay the wicked. but will defend the poor and the exploited.

Learn More About King James Version, American Edition.

And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart [is] evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

King James Version 1611, spelling, punctuation and text formatting modernized by ABS in 1962; typesetting © 2010 American Bible Society. But with righteousness He will judge the poor, And decide with fairness for the afflicted of the earth; And He will strike the earth with the rod of His mouth, And with the breath of His lips He will slay the wicked. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye [are]: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy [you], when I smite the land of Egypt. 3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts. Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink.

Ai Dungeon Prompts, Soul Assassins Radio Playlist, Dcc Rpg Pdf Trove, Halo Game Svg, Se Bikes Big Flyer, Ormat Yard Signs, List Of Survivors Of Uss Princeton, A Frame Sleepover Tent, My Workday Jobs Application Status, Thalapath Fish In Tamil, I Just Want My Pinky Roblox Id, Where To Buy Irish Butter, Betsy Woodruff Swan, San Antonio Fire Department Polygraph, Pfsense Multiple Ip Addresses On Lan, Ask The Dust Audiobook, K24z7 Turbo Kit, Hugh Harman Biography, E8s Wyrm's Lament Timers, Bootleg King Ghidorah 2019, Schaum Torte Recipe Betty Crocker, General Dyer Descendants, My Workday Jobs Application Status, Lounge Act Lyrics Meaning, Ventline Monitor Panel Troubleshooting, Kristen Ledlow Death, Lake Success Shopping Center History, Wallabies In East Sussex, Is Clapham Posh, Oss 117, Le Caire Nid D'espions Streaming Papystream, Jeff Wilson Longview, Peter Max Death, Cura Ironing Settings, Shleger Meaning In Yiddish, Salmonella Test Kit For Pigeons, Usps Delivery Reddit, Nia Franklin Sorority, Bee Vang Net Worth, "award Winning Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake", Naoki Yoshida Wife, Joe Pera Wife, Tj Ott Wikipedia, Obi Toppin Card, Double Notification Facebook Messenger Iphone, Lego Alternate Builds Instructions, Orobas Persona 5 Royal, Hanging Tackle Box, Persona 5 Royal Gifts From Confidants, Kpop Songs In G Major, Why Did John M Jackson Leave Jag, Yonkers Slang Meaning, Sunfish Sailboat With Motor, Onekey Mls Listings, Son Of Ultron Comics, What Is Upland California Known For, Panaeolus Cyanescens Dried, Michael Gelman Home, Global Tv Calgary Morning News, Brianne Leary Husband, Caramel Vodka And Lemonade, Senior Manager Aviva Salary, Used Boats Craigslist Jersey Shore, Does Sling Tv Have Ion Channel, Harve Presnell Family, Helicopter Crash Moa Island, Saturn In Swati Nakshatra 2020, Ww2 Army Ranks, Cleaning Stokke High Chair Straps, Super Mario World Boss Rush, Someone Who Knows A Little About Everything, Mani Rap Game 2019, Chacha Chaudhary Comics In English, How To Charge Logitech G602 Mouse, Jackie Instagram Brawadis, Larry Wayne Chaffin, Just Dance 2020 Unlimited Not Working Switch, Comment Fabriquer Une Machine A Plumer, Skylar Diggins Family, Mypal Prisma Health Employee Portal, Wbz Reporter Dies, Joe Flamm Wikipedia, Epizeuxis In Songs, How To Lock Honeywell 5000 Thermostat, John Barrasso Wife, The Royal We Silversun Pickups Meaning, Aqa Geography Past Papers 2019, Police Instagram Bio, Ancha Innocent Voices, Mc Skins Invisible, Samsung The Frame 2019 Alternative, One Chunk Man Osrs,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.