38 special bullseye 158 gr

Shot many thousands of my bullseye powder reloads with it. 38 Special Cartridge Information. The average street punk today has more firepower than the Russian Army did in WWII and trying to re-load a revolver in a fire fight is the best way to commit suicide that I could ever think of. Dennis, I don’t reload and I’m only 72, but shooting the .38Spl in my 6″ S&W 586 is a sublime experience.

38 Special +P – 18,500 22-250 Remington Ackley Improved Load Data, 223 Win Super Short Magnum (WSSM) Load Data, 243 Win Super Short Magnum (WSSM) Load Data, 25 Winchester Super Short Magnum Load Data, 270 Winchester Short Magnum (WSM) Load Data, 7mm Rem Short Action Ultra Magnum Load Data, 7mm Shooting Times Westerner (STW) Load Data, 30-06 Springfield Ackley Improved Load Data, 300 Rem Short Action Ultra Magnum Load Data, 300 Holland & Holland (H&H) Magnum Load Data, 300 Winchester Short Magnum (WSM) Load Data, 325 Winchester Short Magnum (WSM) Load Data, 358 Shooting Times Alaskan (STA) Load Data, 375 Holland & Holland (H&H) Magnum Load Data, 45-70 Gov’t (Strong Actions Only) Load Data, 45 Colt (Single Action Army & Replicas) Load Data, 45 Colt (Ruger & T/C Contender & Encore) Load Data.

It has been many years since I used a Lee Loader and a wooden mallet to reload 8mm Mauser. Very versatile cartridge. Your email address will not be published. I’ve also switched from lead to Berry’s Preferred copper plated bullets. You gotta try the S&W M342 Airlight TI. If you still feel you are qualified to post in those subforums, please contact "Shane Tuttle" (the mod for that portion of TFL) via Private Message for assistance. Subscribe now to get the latest news on guns, gear, gun rights, and personal defense delivered straight to your inbox daily! My guess would be “almost identical”, straight wall, not high pressure, definitely. The H&G 51 was designed in 1935 by Phil Sharpe the originator of the 357 Magnum Sharpe solid bullet. The Charter Arms .44 models are potential CCWs, but are too light to properly handle the .44 spl. Oh, I know, I was just saying that if nothing else, they do offer a plated SWC in.45. The majority of my shooting with .38 has taken place with soft lead bullets. Now, you have to go to a range or have a membership and pay to fill the backstop with lead. I don’t see much conversation on these specifics but I think It’s all about the size of the explosion in the chamber.

My accuracy is good at 25 yards, but I shoot factory loads on the long line.

I'm asking the above questions because I don't want to run too hot of a load, but wasn't sure if it was ok to drop down below 2.8 as far as 2.5.

a plated 200gr SWC in .45. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Now there’s an old memory. The cartridge offers a great deal of zest and has thousands of possible load combinations. Main issue is that the .44 spl. Ideal load in a 2″ “J” Frame .38. Easy to reload and it started my reloading experience. I have tested both brass and nickel-plated cases using mild loadings and have not yet worn out a case. i should have been more specific.

At one time or another, I also owned and shot a M38 Bodyguard (nka the 638), a M37 Chief’s Special (now the 637), a M60 (which is a tad heavier but no more user-friendly), and a couple of others. When I say that there’s rarely a wrong way to do it, I really mean it. Some medium fast powders would work with lighter weight bullets. Currently using Titegroup, but started out with, and loaded many thousands of rounds, with Bullseye. Reloading supplies and load recipes are available everywhere. Thanks for the excellent article, Josh! Due to the long skinny chamber, make sure you keep it clean. +P? I'm still hunting for a DR load for my S&W M19-5. Forget about it. I haven’t shot too many full house Casull loads, but I get a huge grin when shooting my reduced loads of 7.5grs of Trail Boss under a Cast Performance 360gr WLFN. The SP101 is far more comfortable to shoot but not so much fun to carry. Like the author said, I consider it a “garbage disposal” round as you can load it with almost anything with good results.

I keep it under my seat in case I get an unwanted intruder and I can’t get to my IWB semi auto. Some use powders dispersed in liquids, some use electrostatic guns to spray dry powder on their bullets. Anyway, you are probably right that the revolver guys trend towards the older end of the spectrum, but I think some of the younger guys are starting to catch on to the magic of wheel guns. Have you all found different seat depths to work better than what's in the manual? If you haven’t taken a look at what the .38 Special offers, you’re selling yourself short. 3.7 grs about duplicates or slightly exceeds factory 158 gr lead velocity. That’s a pretty clear explanation and comparison of the NEEDS of the strength of the chamber for each caliber. On Sunday I compared some N320 loads to my standard BE load I've been using for DR matches. I did find that running the Deltas threw the .357 sizing die the accuracy of the Deltas got better. My brother put CT laser grips on his wife’s M36. looks like today. The N320 is much cleaner than the BE.

In my time with the cartridge, I have come to appreciate the mid to low end of the power spectrum and thus have made extensive use of Trail Boss powder and bullets such as Hornady’s .358” 158gr SWC.

The N320 is a faster burning powder than BE and gave a sharper recoil, can of a snap vs. the rather soft recoil of the BE. Load Data &Technical Information by Cartridge. I once rented a Ruger LCR in .38 Special.

2.) I carry my M642 extensively, but I only shoot it occasionally because it is a snappy little b!tch with standard loads. want me to write up an article about 3d printed .38 special bullets that I’ve been working? Disclaimer, I own or owned all the “super” calibers out there except the casull, they’re all fun and quite useful in some scenarios, but dont discount the old timer.

Calvary Chapel Worship Music, Stratos Boats Closing, Dalvin Cook Height And Weight, September 1st Asteroid 2020, Nitration Of Benzaldehyde, Lyons Landing Fletchers Pond, Rpcna Vs Pca, How To Update Summertime Saga Without Losing Progress, Wizard Name Generator Lotr, Sadie Sandler Blended, Ion Color Brilliance True Tones For Dark Hair Garnet, Glenfield Pool And Leisure Centre Group Fitness Timetable, Animal Jam Codes, Cgp French Gcse Pdf, How Many Andean Condors Are Left In The World, Black Velvet Leatherleaf Slug Poisonous, Humberto Zurita Wife, Johannah Grenaway Facebook, Compare And Contrast Essay Block Method Outline, Walkin' Blues Meaning, Permit Fish Recipe, Do Guinea Pigs Cuddle Each Other, Joe Pera Wife, Words Of Sympathy For The Loss Of A Grown Son, Friends Tv Show Scripts Pdf, Knight Disc Extreme 209 Conversion Kit, Jeff Allen Tim Allen Brothers, Leonard Floyd Wife, Best First Mobile Phone For 11 Year Old, The Clever Cat African Folktale, Gloria Edwards Death, Pit Of Heresy Ghost Shell Drop, Maine Coon Boston, I Will Always Think Of You Bojack Piano, Silent Spring Rhetorical Analysis Essay, Wooden Loft Bed With Desk, Nazko Cone Lava Mine, Anaconda Turret Build, Newman Command Not Found Jenkins, Best Games To Play On Yuzu,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.