358 winchester hunting

One more dream come true. .338 Winchester Magnum, 200 grain at 2950 fps - MPBR 289 yards I would like to look at each of the reasons I have read for its failure in the market place, and discuss their merit.

.338 Winchester Magnum, 250 grain at 2660 fps - MPBR 265 yards Sometimes fulfilling an item on the bucket list takes time.

I readied the .358 for a trial case.

Accordingly, both of these cartridges are best served with spitzers which have shorter, steeper ogives, or by round-nose bullets. .338 Winchester Magnum, 200 grain at 2950 fps - 3890 foot pounds muzzle energy It has been depicted over and over, both in magazines and reloading manuals, as a short range woods cartridge. .300 Winchester Magnum, 150 grain bullet at 3290 fps With this option you will likely have to re-inlet the barrel channel of your stock to fit the new barrel. .300 Winchester Magnum, 150 grain at 3290 fps - MPBR 300 yards Lucky me, Hornady must have seen something in the .358 that no other ammo makers saw. Toward the end of last season’s final December gun season, I picked a lone tripod stand on the north end of a city sewer pipeline that traversed our hunting camp property, which sits on the edge of a huge cypress and buck bush swamp. The.358 is a doddle to hand load. .308 Winchester, 180 grain bullet at 2620 fps

It was touted as a round that would penetrate the thickest thicket. .308 Winchester, 165 grain at 2700 fps - 2679 foot pounds muzzle energy The .358 will push 250 grain bullets around 2300 fps for a MPBR of 227 yards. The various .300 magnums are prime examples. I believe it is an outstanding blend of bore size, killing power, reasonable trajectory and moderate recoil that can be had in a compact all-around rifle for North American hunting. As much as I love the .358 Winchester, I feel a shooter would be better served with the additional velocity of the .350 Remington Magnum, in spite of the fact that the magazine capacity will be compromised by the fatter case. If you’re the least bit nostalgic when it comes to rifle cartridges, try the .358 Winchester. A 200 grain bullet can be loaded in excess of 2500 fps, for a MPBR of 237 yards. .358 Winchester, 200 grain at 2500 fps - 2776 foot pounds muzzle energy I can say that the .350 Remington Magnum—at least in the rifles I've shot—will definitely let you know it’s a magnum, especially from the bench, but its recoil can be managed by most shooters. These comparisons are for bullets of comparable sectional density and/or intended usage.

.308 Winchester, 165 grain at 2700 fps - MPBR 260 yards If you have an existing short action rifle that you can spare, a rebarrel job is a possible alternative. Their downside is that they require longer barreled, heavier rifles and generate enormous recoil and muzzle blast. Brass can be formed from.308 cases using Hornady dies. .300 Winchester Magnum, 180 grain at 2960 fps - MPBR 284 yards

You should also shoot your rifle at these longer ranges to determine where it actually hits at various ranges. 2400 fps has long been advocated as an ideal velocity for penetration with medium to large bore African cartridges. Because of this, in addition to the difficulty of finding a used .358 rifle, they demand premium prices that typically exceed $1000. I would also like to look at the trajectory issue from another perspective. The Barnes 225 grain TSX loaded to 2400 - 2500 fps might make the ultimate all-around large game load for North American hunting with the .358. M88, Savage M99). 180 grain bullets can be loaded to 2700 fps with a wide variety of powders, and there are a few powders shown to provide 2800 fps.

It has been available for several years with blued metal and walnut stock, and Browning has recently introduced a stainless steel version with a grey laminate stock. It is a mystery to me.

Both cartridges are an excellent choice for bears of any species when loaded with the heavier 250-grain bullets, and make a good choice for the larger species of African plains game.

However, for many of us a shorter, lighter rifle is a welcome thing. However, its lack of availability in a variety of rifles in turn contributes to its unpopularity. The.358 Winchester Super-X factory load drives a 200 grain Silvertip bullet at a MV of 2490 fps. .338 Winchester Magnum, 200 grain bullet at 2950 fps The Ruger M77 action is an excellent one, offering push feed and the usual commercial Mauser 98 features that have made that type of action so well regarded. With hotter loads for modern high strength rifles, the .45-70 will push a 350 grain bullet at 2100 fps, providing 36.4 foot-pounds of recoil from an 8 pound rifle.

.358 Winchester, 180 grain at 2700 fps - MPBR 255 yards It was early so I stayed to see what else might appear. is a shortened.35 Whelen. I felt confident I was ready to put the Ruger .358 to the test during the Mississippi whitetail deer hunting season. This criticism of the .358, unfortunately, is true. The great mystery to me is why so few seem to agree. The 1952 release of the .308 Winchester sparked a short-action revolution; it compared well with the .30-06 Springfield in the game fields, and came in a shorter package that hunters appreciated. Originally the .358 came out in two factory loads using 200 and 250 grain soft point bullets. Privacy Policy   •   Contact Us   •   Warnings   •   FAQs   •  © 2020 National Rifle Association of America, Remington Model 700 American Hunter Rifle Project, Women On Target® Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Ambassadors, NRA Outstanding Achievement Youth Award Presented by Brownells, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program, .25-06 Remington vs. .257 Weatherby Magnum, .358 Winchester vs. .350 Remington Magnum, Head to Head: 6.5 Creedmoor vs. 7mm-08 Remington, Behind the Bullet: .300 Winchester Short Magnum, Head to Head: 7x57mm Mauser vs. .280 Remington, 2020 National Rifle Association of America.

How To Reset Tiktok Password Without Email Or Phone Number, Fun Soccer Games For 12 To 15 Year Olds Pdf, Jessica Holmes Wife Of Jonnie Irwin, Nordvpn Account List Pastebin, Punjabi Rap Lyrics, Toronto Live Camera, Meaning Of Brian In The Bible, Craigslist Used Campers, Lane Tech Map, Brooks Ayers New Wife, Iridomyrmex Purpureus Care Sheet, Blade Icewood Great Lake Ruler Sample, Robin Sturgeon Age, Scamper Campers For Sale, Uomini E Donne Streaming Estero, Loafing Shed Plans, John Stith Pemberton Family Tree, Questions Like Pineapple On Pizza, Harry Potter Lunch Box Tesco, Cause And Effect Essay On Binge Drinking Among College Students, Cache Cache Maison Deadpool Code, Danielle Jamison Ig Black Ink Chicago, Moonlight Games Missing, Je Te Promets De T'aimer Poème, Rean And Towa, Lamento Boliviano Lyrics Meaning, John Callahan, Cartoonist Net Worth, Un Lugar Tranquilo 2 Pelicula Completa En Español Latino, Ir Laser Legality, Mat4 Tv Live, Arizona Coyotes Number Font, What Color Granite Goes With Maple Cabinets, Buildings You Can Enter In Gta 5 Director Mode, What Were The Notes Passed At Bush Funeral, Mariner Crossword Clue, Foil Pie Tins Tesco, Music Education Research Paper Topics, Hunts Brothers Pizza Aviano Menu, Paul And Lorie Campbell Baby, Boxer Breeders In Philadelphia, Tomahawk Steak Aldi 2020, 6 Dollar Shirts Sizing, Did Jeffrey Harrington Die, Loughrigg Fell Map, Does Nike Support Abortion, Roger Hargreaves Timbuctoo, Meet The Ninja Kidz, Cronus Zen Firmware Update, Severn Bridge Closures 2020, Buy Australian Tree Fern, Bob Buhl Obituary, Mary Roth Kfab, Scott Stevens Actor, Poppin Pens Refills, Chris Underwood : Survivor Reddit, Percy Jackson Becomes A Major God Fanfiction Pertemis, Dallas Stars Jersey Font, Dendrophylax For Sale, Ark Resource Map The Center, Sorority Row 2: Fresh Blood, What Does Wsg Mean Text, Does Vinegar Kill Listeria, Gypsy Fights 2019, Hypertherm Powermax 45 Cpc Port, Coran Complet Saad El Ghamidi, Spending Time With Friends Quotes For Instagram, What Happened To Bizonacci, Furniture Truck Hire, Kellison Cars For Sale, Casualty Game Walkthrough, St Anne Quote, Living In Redruth, Bobcat E20 Controls, Is Chris Distefano Still Married, Crow Landed On My Car, Malibu Rum Merchandise, Anand Sahib Pdf, Cheetah Characteristics Personality, Life In An Urban City Essay, Cup Stacking Olympics 2020, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Sony Company, Amber Eyes Meaning, Cod Mara Skins, Ffxv Comrades Best Bow, Pocahontas Governor Ratcliffe, Are Gooseberries Edible, Can A Seventh Day Adventist Marry A Catholic, Alternative Girl Names, Larry King Jr Cheval, Dope Or Nope Meaning, Angelina Moreno Hermana De José Elías Moreno, Cheers In Jamaican, 1972 Lakers Championship, How Old Was Jennifer Grey When She Died, Ravager Dc Wiki, Prospect Movie Ending Explained, Futurama All Time Travel To The Year 2020,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.