357 magnum load data 231

Have a great day! They give good penetration on large game because they are hard cast.

Had an opportunity to buy TiteGroup and TiteWad…but I had prior commitment/s.

No choice but to pay and play.

I hope Power Pistol lives up to its hype, I normally wouldn’t buy 4 lbs at a whack of anything but that’s the only quantity that was available and in these times it makes more sense.

If your bore is rough, leading can occur with any cast bullet.

While I like Bullseye its range in some calibers is limited and reloading date the same. This kind of “Sweet setup” may or may not work out for you- you’ll have to make sure your autoloaders are “happy” with the bullet weights and charge weights used, but in my experience these loads work really well. Even black powder and its substitutes could be used in a pinch—but not recommended on a regular basis. It can be loaded lighter, but then you might have a large gun that can’t be utilized with the top loads. There were those that experimented with duplex loads….mixing two powders together then reloading. .357 Magnum (Winchester Handgun Data) Warning! Since the .357 Magnum is so popular and plentiful, I can’t imagine having a gun collection without having at least one.

Recoil was mild and the velocity was enough to do well at 25 and 50 yards.

I think Iowegan said it best when he wrote about people trying to scrub the throats out of .357 mag chambers !! My question is can I load the magnum cases to light .38 special specs? Have you guys found good powders other than W231 and HP-38 that you can use in multiple applications? I have never had the luck many have had with hollow base wad cutters.

Did I mention it is super accurate? With the LCR it's strictly D/A only. but I want a big flame –

Password: Forum: Register: Reloading All Reloading Topics Go Here Thread Tools: Display Modes #1 12-02-2013, 12:12 AM John Hill. Yes, a true crud ring does develop but a little Hoppie's #9 and a bore brush will take care of it in short order. I haven't chronographed this load from any of my handguns, since I worked it up specifically for the Carbines.

Do we need an article promoting W231 when it has been backordered for months? While not nearly as experienced with rifle powders as pistol I have been delighted to find both the performance through my AR, M1A and even my M1 Garand to be more than adequate for my purposes with accuracy better than my old Marine eyes and metering properties I like.

!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)? So I stopped the testing.

JavaScript is disabled. It’s one of the best metering powders I’ve ever used.

I shot a Ruger New Vaquero.

Powder ALL Accurate 4100 Accurate No.

I would never ever attempt this…so just for info sake…just say’n. Your email address will not be published. Everyone has a different threshold of acceptance for whatever shooting experience you are into. Anyone had any experience with W231 anf 45 colt cowboy loads? The end result for me is that the fine grained ball powder Bullseye meters right on the money and is consistant while the three flake powders: 231, Blue Dot & Unique vary through both measures with Unique being the worst. Ultimate Reloader LLC is not responsible for errors in load data on this website.

It would take a very long time to test and list them all. Bullet weights can go from 60 to 200 grains. There were those that even started using the 32 H & R Magnum with good success.

This load gives good penetration and accuracy, so consequently, my friend’s freezer never lacks for venison. In a rifle, the heavy loads would make a decent deer load at close ranges.

That took thousands and thousands of rounds of reactive shooting practice I assure you. The two reasons are that the rifle lacks a flash gap, which causes a velocity loss, and the longer barrel. All information is provided "as is" with all faults without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. If accuracy is not acceptable to you…switch it around til you find what works for you. Bullet: 158 gr. of energy at the muzzle and around 900 FT LBS. Your email address will not be published. The pressure they report is not even a hot standard pressure .38 Special load. Max Charge:
I was tempted to buy a years worth of each of the above named powders (TiteGroup/TiteWad/Unique/ + BLC 2!!) All of these loads use the same exact charge weight! WC867 and WC872….8lb jegs….order 6 mix/match and pay no HazMat fee…just shipping only. In a pinch, the .38 Super can be fired through a .357 Mag, however that is not recommended on a regular basis.

Min Charge Max Charge … Since they are so inexpensive, I use a C4 tool and put on a cannelure which makes it a more desirable bullet. I was taught to respect my elders .... problem is, I'm having a hard time finding them.​. I've had great results from HP38/231/with 158g SWC & FRN in both 38 & 357 mag at 900 to 1100 fps in 5.5" barreled m627. Handgun calibers range from 7 MM TCU to the .500 S&W Magnum. If you include a .357 rifle in the mix, then you have a good combo for any task, all the way up to large game hunting.

In this article, we’ll take a look at the flexibility of the .357 Mag, using .357 for self-defense, and hunting with .357. Any size shot will work but 7½ or 8 shot would be the best since you can get more pellets in the capsule.

So I can actually change over cartridges and not even have to mess with the powder measure! One of the reasons the .357 Magnum is such a good caliber is that the selection is so vast. Ultimate Reloader is not responsible for errors or possible issues you may have when using this load data. Pistol; Rifle; Cowboy; GR. More commonly, detonation isn't the resulting effect in low charge weights with position sensitive powder, but rather a squib followed by another shot.

My load was 4.5 grains of 231 behind a 130 gr Hensley & Gibbs SWC bullet. I did sway many into the concept of buying lower end rifles and moving up in the optics area.

I use their brass for forming other calibers and it works better than anything else.

I got hooked into using Unique long ago and yes..it is still somewhat of a dirty burning powder howbit much less than Unique use to be…God it was a dirty burning powder but it was and still is a very utility powder and a very decent overall powder.

Loading 9mm on the Dillon RL 1100 with Mr. Bullet Feeder, Breaking: Hodgdon Powder Company Acquires Multiple Brands, Unsolved: 44 Magnum Over-Pressure Mystery, RCBS Lock-Out Die Part II: Setup and Maintenance, RCBS Lock-Out Die Part I: Theory of Operation, Reloading Safety: Powder Check Systems Overview. Berry and Ranier make bullets without a cannelure as well, but it is an easy task to install one. I have not tried it in my Springfield ’03, M1 Carbine or USMC M40A1 and with the possible exception of the M40A1 I probably won’t this year. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

We could spend all day arguing the merits of any caliber but when it is all said and done, in my opinion, the .357 Mag is the most flexible handgun round you can find. I did have to put in a reduced power recoil spring (13#) to get it to cycle.

Speer makes a capsule you can fill up with shot and load it like you would a bullet.

7 Accurate No. Location: Mountains of Western N C. Posts: 79 Likes: 2. Some years ago I had a COP, a 4 barrel Derringer.

The issue for me at this point is how accurately various powders meter. For self-defense, the .357 Magnum is at the top of the list. May sound dumb but my concern is to much empty space in the cartridge. I've found the lightweight .357 loads to be position-sensitive, and accuracy suffered compared to the same loads in .38 Special brass. Poll: What Rifle Cartridge Do You Reload Most Often? I always verify the powder charge after changing the insert and it is always exact to where I have that insert set. I saw on another forum that several members routinely use 7.0 grs with 158 gr cast bullets as their standard 357 load with no problems even though this slightly exceeds Winchester's recommendation of 6.7 grs max.

Yes.

Powder position may produce wide spreads in velocity , with certain powders, when loading 38 Special loads in .357 cases. Smith-WessonForum.com is not affiliated with. Anyone ever use WC867 and/or WC872?

Great idea, thanks for spreading the word.

With documented shootings, it ranks higher than practically everything else, assuming the correct bullets are used.

Material connection (partnerships) information available at http://ultimatereloader.com/about/.

Many shooters, including yours truly, use .38 cases for most of our shooting. I have used this powder for many different cartridges and load levels- it meters great, is super-versatile, and is a great bulk-buy in 8 lb canisters. Smith & Wesson Forum > Ammunition-Gunsmithing > Reloading: 357 mag with Winchester 231: User Name: Remember Me?

Though I have been at this game a long long time…I’m trying to open up to new ideas and products. Elmer, Alliant Reloader 33 was designed for the 338 lapua. A simple rule to consider with reduced loads is; faster powders are forgiving and perform well at lower charge weights ( I also use magnum primers).

5 Accurate No. WW 296 is what you're looking for when loading past .38 Special velocities.

Been looking at Hodgedon HS6 as well. I’m headed to San Diego next month….I’ll be hitting up every place conceivable enroute and while I’m there. WW 231 is not a .357 Magnum powder.

Division Symbol In Google Forms, Ducktales Fanfiction Louie Angry, Kissanime Apk Firestick, Bbno Net Worth, Ways Of The World 4th Edition Pdf, Scuba Acronym Medical, 180cc Pit Bike Engine, Rax200 Vs Rax120, Jeremy Lynch Height, Export Credit Insurance Pros And Cons, Galah Nest Box, Kepler Wessels Wife, Green Tea Hot Toddy, Rêver De Mort Et Pleurer, Suing Home Builder In Texas, Card Sharks Episodes, The Gate Inn Cutthorpe For Sale, Blue Hearts Anime, Hyperbole For Park, Flora De Oaxaca, Unspeakable Song You Are My Hero, Who Is Morally Responsible For Gatsby's Death Essay, Tesco Logo Font, Hazel Hayes Age, The Dream Book For Numbers, North Pole Vacation Cabins Ruidoso, Nm, Offroad Outlaws Loot Menu, Coast Guard Asvab Job Calculator, Article Category In Sap Retail, Fieldrunners 2 Hack, Superstition Good Or Bad Essay, Where To Buy Ladybugs And Praying Mantis, Duke Diversity Essay Reddit, Pro Kabaddi League 2020, Soul Friends Quotes, Assiégés Film 2020 Sortie, Periodic Table With Polyatomic Ions On The Back,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.