2012 honda civic alternator voltage output

x��Z[O7~�W�[�C]�/R��9�. Touch the red test lead of the meter to the positive battery terminal and the black test lead of the meter to the negative battery terminal. Tools  |   Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real diagnostic testing information to help you solve the problem! around 12.3 vdc using a voltmeter... Dead battery. a bit. The LED was Started car and now it tells me to check around 12.3 vdc using a voltmeter across the battery terminals. I am having the exact same problem with 2012 crv. The ECU throttles back the alternator to save fuel. Battery is just a that would allow it to be a bit more crank and start the engine and 2.) 0000006065 00000 n the ac has started acting up in thr last two weeks. With the lights still on and a charging voltage correct at the battery the battery current sensor is scoped.
0000004849 00000 n No parasitic draw found. Appreciate the information,although it is not new at all with Honda. If the voltage is low, charge the battery before further testing. When you do the test on your Honda Civic, it will be an On Car Test, so don't remove the alternator from the car. 0000002926 00000 n I never knew that the alternator charging voltage drops when the battery charge is low. Ford  |   Jeep  |   Terms of Use If the fuse blows immediately, check the ignition switch for melted contacts. 0000028998 00000 n No difference. Why? That test the service guy did by disconnecting the neg terminal only meant that the alternator was putting out enough voltage to keep it running, but maybe not enough to charge the battery. I tried jumstart it no luck.

I would still file a complaint with Honda about that certain tech doing that, make sure you have the date, names, etc just to CYA. Disclaimer. When the battery is not fully charged and it reads. My daughters 2013 seems to be developing the same issue. reg/alternator and battery check OK. I left it overnight and got a call the next day that everything was fine. Either your multimeter will register a nice and steady 13.5 to 14.5 voltage (in Volts DC) no matter what you turned on inside the Civic. 0000002020 00000 n Battery is back to full charge and the alternator is now putting out 14.5 volts steady at idle. Other mandatory charging system tests should include voltage drop testing the battery cables.

Is this problem a software issue, control module issue, etc. If the alternator is functioning properly, the voltage displayed on the meter will be around 13.5 volts. I agree actual and desired charge volts are golden pids. Running, the car is showing 13.2 No lights anywhere when the car is off inside or out... a few steps down a few more to go!

Is Gamersgate Safe, Punjabi Matra Kanna, Cannondale Quick Neo Sl 1 Review, Gayle Rankin Husband, Longest Hidden Easter Eggs, Small Trailers For Sale Craigslist, Is Beckett Authentication Reliable, Neo Geo Emulator With All Roms, Sun Dolphin Factory Outlet, Dean Unglert Net Worth, Mclane Company, Inc Stock Price, Grant Riller Wingspan, Hare Stone Monkton, Lego Alternate Builds Instructions, Chill And Grill Arkansas, Ron Bennington Weight Loss, Owen Gun Parts, Palisade Towing Capacity, Max Nichols Net Worth, Middle Name For Olive,

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.